Sinister: sigur ros!

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Tue Nov 28 22:59:09 GMT 2000

finally, someone else who loves sigur ros! flantastic!
i think superfurrygurl has the coolest musical taste

just a quickie today then

oh i got tis in my inbox today, it's quite long so you might not want to
read it but i think it should interest our american friends
(please dont be offended, it's all in fun)

NOTICE TO AMERICANS OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE
FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II

To the citizens of the United States of America: In the
light of your failure to elect a President of the USA and
thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the
revocation of your independence, effective today.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume
monarchial duties over all states, commonwealths and other
territories. Except Utah, which she does not fancy.

Your new prime minister (The rt. hon. Tony Blair, MP for the
97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is
a world outside your borders) will appoint a minister for
America without the need for further elections. Congress and
the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire will be
circulated next year to determine whether any of you
noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the
following rules are introduced with immediate effect

1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English
Dictionary. Then look up "aluminium". Check the
pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly
you have been pronouncing it. Generally, you should raise
your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up "vocabulary".
Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler
noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and
inefficient form of communication. Look up interspersed".

2. There is no such thing as "US English". We will let
Microsoft know on your behalf.

3. Arrest Mel Gibson for treason.

4. You should relearn your original national anthem, "God
Save The Queen", but only after fully carrying out task 1.
We would not want you to get confused and give up half way
through.

5. You should stop playing American "football". There is
only one kind of football. What you refer to as American
"football" is not a very good game. The 2.15% of you who are
aware that there is a world outside your borders may have
noticed that no one else plays "American" football. You will
no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play
proper football. Initially, it would be best if you played
with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave
enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is
similar to American "football", but does not involve
stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full
kevlar body armour like nancies). We are hoping to get
together at least a US rugby sevens side by 2005.

6. Stop referring to the "World Series" of Baseball and
instead call it the "USA, Cuba and Japan Championship"

7. Learn to enjoy warm flat beer and steak and kidney
pudding. Train waitresses to be more aggressive with
customers and not to tell you their names before you eat.

8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday. November 8th will
be a new national holiday, but only in England. It will be
called "Indecisive Day".

9. Driving on the left is now compulsory - recall all cars
to effect the change immediately.

10. Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us
crazy.

damn, no content today, except maybe which belle and seb song do you all
think is the most danceable?, my vote goes for electronic rennaissance, i've
veen trying to drop something of theirs into my set when i dj for ages but
nothing on tigermilk really works (its the only b n s thing i've got on
vinyl) and electronic rennaissance isn't really representative of theie
euvre (i've been trying to use that word for ages too)
maybe 'i could be dreaming might work', oh well whatever, nevermind

that was weak i admit but i'll try to think up something better for next
time, honest

bye for now
pez*

'writing about music is like dancing about architecture'
                                              anon