Sinister: Bowlie/All Tomorrow's Parties Tape

Matt Tullett matt at xxx.uk
Sun Nov 26 07:50:30 GMT 2000

I have always wanted to start my own record label. Well ok I always wanted
to be in a
band, but have no musical talent whatsoever. Anyway, it was after going to
the Belle &
Sebastian Bowlie festival 1999 that made me even more determined to start my
own
record label. At the festival I had been given a tape. The tape had been
collated by two
labels, it was pretty professional looking and it got me excited and made me
wanting to
do the same. Eventually I managed to get six bands interested in submitting
a song to be
put onto a compilation tape, the first release from Spiteful Records. The
idea was to give
this away free at the next Bowlie.

The next Bowlie, now renamed "All Tomorrow's Parties" organised by Mogwai
was
cancelled at the end of 1999 due to poor ticket sales, but it was
rescheduled for April
2000. By that time I had no holiday left to take at work so I had no way of
going to All
Tomorrow's Parties and therefore no way of giving out my tape for free.
But the sad story doesn't end there, you see I still have some copies left
of the
compilation called "A Shrinking World." I had quite a few made, 300 to be
exact.
Anyway, I did managed to shift a few tapes at the Christmas gig at the Arts
Centre in
Norwich 1999, but now nearly a year on I still feel the bands and their
music deserve to
be heard so if you wish to receive a copy then you can either e-mail me at:
matt at spitefulrecords.fsnet.co.uk with your full  address, or write to me at
Spiteful Records
Cornerways
New North Road
Attleborough
Norfolk
NR17 2BJ

Your free tape will be sent straight away.

Matt