Sinister: >lola

jmcf jmcf at xxx.ca
Thu Nov 30 00:28:20 GMT 2000

Juergen Hammes wrote:

> > Derek s wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone seen "Run Lola Run"? I watched it for
> > about the eighth time last night and was re-amazed all
> > over again.
> Is that "Lola Rennt"? I know I should watch it, but I still haven't been
> bothered to go to the video shop. Maybe I should borrow it ?! I don't know. But
> Franka Potente is great.

Eight times? WoW! Well, Run Lola Run *is* an amazingly fine film.

Run Lola Run is indeed the English name for Lola rennt. And Franka
Potente does kick ass nineteen different ways from last Tuesday.

hey everyone, here's some things that sound funny in German...

ankle = foot-knuckle (Fussknoechel)
glove = hand-shoe  (Handschuh)

and, hehe, wait for it....

nipple = breast-wart  (Brustwartze) [warning: not a joke] ;-)

Now there's a language that refuses to make up a new word unless
ab-so-lute-ly necessary.

jmcf