Sinister: I'll bReAk YoUr LeGs iF YoU StoP mE DaNciNg / a year after!

velocity farewell velocity_girl_is at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 30 10:04:55 GMT 2000

Hello the land of sinistah!

It's been a while... many things HaPPeNeD!
GHD my bleu prince showed his fluffy head again,
Mark-o-C posted as well, and so did miss lovely fellow
spinisterine Laura Llew! There some new faces around,
some come in bright colours, some just faint away,
others explode in the sky like verbal fireworks and
dissapear...
I booked my tickets for London, arriving on the 29th
December with my darling Elena, if things go well,
SpOoKy the DoG may be arriving with me and I expect
certain listees to keep their promise and take her for
her walkies in the park...
I'm really tempted to start slagging holidays off, but
I won't; not this time... I liked so much though what
Pamela (was it?) said about smoking booths in big
stores... there's a certain racism against smokers
innit?
I went to see BaXeNdALe last Sunday... they were
absolutely GrEaT! I know some people in this list
despise Baxendale but I do love them so! Since I've
first heard them a year ago... I remember when my
friend Dmitry brought "music for girls" and he played
it in my front room... we started jumping around and,
yes, we loved them instantly!
I like their sounds, I like the playful way they deal
with music... it's kind of ironic and it's kind of sad
sometimes... it seems like they declare their
childishness in a disarming way, refusing to grow
up...
and they're stylish, in an 80s, yet, mulet-less way!!
So, on Sunday I had to drive for 240km to go to the
city where they were playing... my friend's car broke
down and having nowhere to leave spooky the dog, I
thought that there was no way of me getting there for
the gig... I went really mad about it... so, I called
a cab and paid 1/10 of my monthly salary to the
cabbie!
The gig place was half full when I arrived with some
friends... Johnk from this list was there as well and
I spotted a girl with a 'if you're feeling sinister'
tshirt on... I didn't talk to her though, so, if she's
in the list, sorry...
We got completely pissed before the gig drunk a bottle
of vodka... Senay was telling stories about how she
broke one of her teeth whilst Alex and Tim were
fooling around with toy-speaking-trumpets!
Then, they went on stage and none of us stopped
dancing through their whole set! We were quite
dissapointed that they didn't play "switzerland", but
then, Tim came back on stage and played the song just
by himself with an acoustic guitar... whilst images
were projecting behind them on a big white screen "PoP
wiLL SaVe oUr SouLs" and "gO EleCtRiC"...
Walking around and talking with people after the gig,
I heard a radio producer saying that Senay should be
singing with the Osmonds!!
And the night was still young...
But that was my bax-story from last Sunday... "she
always cries on Sundays", well, not this one...
B&S context... baxendale started a song with a sample
of "dog on wheels"... yes, that's all...
My new friend little Johnn, aged 7 years old, brought
me a bouquet again... this time was a bouquet of
uprooted peppers! I could use some of them for BeAn
SoUp I suppose...
I bumbed on a car the other day with my scooter and I
lost a little piece of its front...
I bought a CD by Brian, a band I've discovered lately
and I'm totally enchanted... they're early 90s and
irish... I think...
that's all...
take care you lot...
hugs