Sinister: Blue canary in the corner by the lightswitch, who watches over yo u?

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 30 11:06:33 GMT 2000

New Boy Nick wrote:

> Big Stu thinks that there's hope for him if girls have crushes on Eminem.
Is this the same Big Stu I used to know?  Have his jungle adventures
transformed him from an amiably bumbling fool into a foul-mouthed
multiple-personalitied monster?  Or is the allure of the 'difficult man'
lost on him?

Well, it looks like I've been rumbled. All those photos and stories about me
getting stranded in the Amazon rainforest and so on
(www.science.ntu.ac.uk/msor/skg, hint hint...) are actually just a front. I
really spent the last year in LA, getting down wiv da hood. I was even voted
"most-improved pistol-whipper" at this year's gangland awards ceremony. But
they forced me out of town when my homies discovered I listened to B&S.
Twee, my arse.

I still reckon in ten years time Eminem will be as well-respected as Vanilla
Ice, though.

And I'll amiably bumbling fool you, Dastoor...

Meanwhile, on the other side of this fair city, Ken was being informative:

> Wow, the wonders that you learn from pub quizzes, apparently, the World
Series is called that not because people in the USA think that they are the
world, but it was because it was originally sponsored by the "New York
World" newspaper.

But that still doesn't explain why they named this year's series after a
well-known chain of sandwich shops.

Oh yeah, and props (whatever the hell they are) to Lisa for bringing the
smut back to Sinister, which has been sadly lacking recently. That must be
what the old guard have been guarding. Let's face it, that's all we ever
used to talk about (well, that and long discussions about the nature of
P!O!P!, with strange people with strange names like Tag, The Duke Of
Harringay and Peter Miller).

I had my first Christmas dinner of the year last night. Until there was a
power-cut just before we got to the desserts. Maybe someone up there wants
us to wait until December before celebrating as well...

Big Stu