Sinister: can't you see in the dark like i can?

Ola Szkudlapska ola1212 at xxx.pl
Thu Nov 30 16:08:22 GMT 2000

dear list,

being sat here in my little room, i suddenly felt an urge to post. i'm still
quite undecided about *what* to write, but  i'll try to make it interesting,
honest :)

apparently it's still quite early, and it's already sooo dark outside.
that's the one thing i dislike about the autumn/winter season - it gets dark
farr too quickly and the darkness stays on for farr too long. no wonder i'm
usually late for school ;) well today, for a change, i wasn't. still it
turned out i needn't have bothered, as some teachers have been taken ill and
we were released home. and to think i could have finished dreaming about
being a gold-digger... pah. i'm sure if i hadn't woken up, i would have
found a very large gold nugget (or a couple of those actually), which would
be enough to finance my studying in the uk ;) and yes, i would then live
happily ever after ;))

anyway, i've just discovered how ace internet shopping actually is. i
managed to talk my dad into letting me use his card (teehee) so i've been
happily ordering stuff normally unavailable here in lousy poland. lalala :)
i received some of the records yesterday (it'll probably make for my
birthday+christmas present, but who cares? :) and fell in love with salako's
'a moonlight radiates...' ep. i even have it on lovely vinyl... lalalalala
:)

vinyl records are so much nicer than cds, as far as i'm concerned. they're
way prettier, for example ;) well ok, maybe i like them so much cos my lp
player isn't as annoying as my cd player (which, among other things, says NO
DISC when i try to put on my hefner ep or makes farty noises and jumps from
track 1 to 7 when i try to play tigermilk. is it censorship of some kind or
what?)

i too would like to contribute a few sentences to a common view that 'yes,
the latest gentle waves album is way way better than the debut'. i agree
completely. some of the new songs got played on a nice radio programme on
monday (quite late at night of course :) and i liked them lots. the vj
seemed enchanted too, so maybe he'll play some more next week :) (just by
the way, he's the guy whose late fishyclap review i posted some time ago.)
well unfortunately, that same guy slagged off sigur ros in one of his
programmes, so i'll still hate him forever ;) or as near as matters.

right, i'd better go then. schoolwork calling (ugh)

take care all,

ola

ps. jason, if you were talking about me in your last mail, then i'm really
real ;) and if you weren't, well, it just proves what a fool i am :)
psps. chris p, so i love sigur ros as well. does it make my music taste cool
too? ;)) (does it does it does it? ;))