Sinister: Mission To Smarm...

Nik Ovenden nik_ovenden at xxx.com
Thu Nov 30 17:28:31 GMT 2000

Well, that film was crap.  Tim Robbins can escape from
Shawshank, but stick him in space, and all he can do
is make his head implode.  it was nice to see
"Lieutenant Dan" make a comeback after Viet Nam,

Helloooooooo everybody; Oi'm making this one up as i
go along.  not like my usual 1-post-a-month-insightful
yet lurkish doodabs.
Roight:

KENNETH P Y CHU wrote re:"If You're Feeling Sinister"
"he'll try in VEIN to take away the pain..."
does this mean ministers now have the power to use
intravenous items to encourage religion?  my, how
interesting the church has become...

MOBY
is a twat.  unless he's on this list, or i'm in
trouble...but maybe he's right.  Damn all the people
who voted for Nader, and let's introduce a
dictatorship.  That way, no-one will mess up the
elections.  Bozo.

THE WARRIORS
a very good late 70's film on sunday night on Beeb 2.
I was very very impressed at the storyline, and after
21 years it retains some brilliance.  Comments?
especially from Coney Island residents.  the only shot
of your area was a fairground...arf arf.

TIGERMILK (the wine, as mentioned by idles)
was £3.49 down here, thus i purchased a "sample
bottle".  Upon realising it was almost as fantastic as
its namesake, i rushed to buy more...but horror!  the
buggers removed it from the shelves...i need a case of
12 for my xmas gatherings.
(it was a very very sweet wine...suited for the
non-regular wine drinkers, not you hardcore veteran
cheap-red drinkers...)

LA AUCTIONE
I got some mittens!  at least, my crush will have come
xmas.
And you're all so cheap!  i put in a "feeler" bid (too
much poker playing reveals itself) for "Beans"
Geddes's meal and won!  i live 300-odd miles away, so
a trek is in order...he'd better be a bloody good
cook...

XFM's
preordering "Cool Cool Xmas": Carp again.  it was
shipped 2 days late and STILL hasn't arrived!  so on
saturday i went round my friends house and listened to
his copy.  On that note...
MIDDLE EAST CRISIS
B&S's him has shown the way.  Israel is "captive".
They said it, not me.

HITLER
i went to this lecture where the professor was so
clearly a pill-popper.  he said:
"Hitler was ideological E";  justified his comment by
saying
"You'll never empathise unless you experience it"
and finally
"If Hitler had danced more, all of this would never
have happened".
Thus, i'm doing a jig for the Middle East right now.
but dad's working up here and looks stressed.  i'll
jig in my room to the funk stylings of B&S later.

WHISTLER (it looks a bit like hitler...)
are they really that nasty?  but they sound so good on
the cd...when they come near my way, i'll dance lots
in front of them. see that they do then!

GENTLE WAVES
is much better this time round.  the first album
sounded like "learn to play piano book 1".

REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE
probably not the best thing to print on this
list...being largely american in populous...

LOLA RENNT
saw it for free in my local "arthouse" cinema, but a
load of tossing townie wankers were behind us laughing
when people died.  Gits.

ATP
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Yippeeeee!

EMINEM + CRUSH
hmmm...

Nothing pisses me off more than that feeling once
you've posted and remember 3 more things to write.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh...
Love Niko
xxx