Sinister: The Average Fine and Invisible Harp

gogron gogron at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 30 19:41:41 GMT 2000

Hello
It's been a weird week.
Most of it off work.. after all the excitement seeing my famous scottish
writer I had a near nervous collapse in the Georgian basement room I
share with my boss and several empty workstations the following day (a
hangover) and had to be laid to rest back home in me jim jams.
However, birthday approaching I decided to make the best of the gloom
and get drunk everyday, as soon as I got the wits to get dressed and
stagger down to 'the village'. Yeah, like Brier's Bukowsi quote. DON'T
READ BUKOWSKI!

bad influence

So, mostly I did that, ranted and raved incoherently as per usual for
hours on end in #sinister with lots of charming, intriguing and really
very smutty indeed people. Othertimes, I'd even manage to be almost nice
(by shutting up for a bit... in fact, my hands were beginning to shake
and my back was being glanced at by several members of the paranoia
family.

Things returned to normality this morning with lisa morrison's charming
post...
after a night whose sole item of sleep comprised making up doowop
harmonies with a bunch of little gherkin like people, some auditory
hallucinations provided by mine own ears, and someone with a mask on and
a pistol with a pickled newt in the barrel (don't ask.. erm).

So, a really great and enjoyably sober day back at work. I laughed as
the handbreak came away in my hands and I stepped into the cold vapours
of the wee office car park to lug some horribly heavy spare pre-cast
concrete blocks to choc up the tyres. My sweet boss's wife said I should
have let the car roll down on in and smash the old wooden gateways so
then we could've all claimed on insurance.

All's well that ends well
Fish fingers and chips! Yeay.

Gordon