Sinister: schedule wrecking and public necking

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Mon Nov 27 23:28:19 GMT 2000

graaah!

so, the ''christmas'' and the ''boxing day'' are over and now normalcy
returns.
i finished my volume of proust for the holidays, as well as the jimmy
corrigan collection chris ware put out.  what i love about finishing a
volume of proust is the way that you reflect on that volume after and think
about how this happened and that happened and 'holy shit he turned out to be
gay' and the ways that the narrator goes about relating all these things.
its pretty stellar.  jeez.  i also love the way that whenever things start
getting really bad, he picks up and brings everything to a rousing
conclusion.  rah!  hurrah marcel!

is anyone else as floored by the schneider tm cover of 'there is a light
that never goes out' as i am?  the rest of the new ep is mediocre but WOW~!
what a swell smiths cover.

a quick update for steve spotters...
i am doing ok.  i am almost done reading motherless brooklyn and am still
spending too much money on doing things that keep me up at night so that i
sleep all day except when i go to work where i have to be all 'classical'
etc.  i am really late sending off all my holiday correspondance including
sinister gift exchange things so if you are supposed to be getting somethign
from me (like Mark E. Hester for instance) and havn't gotten anything at all
then you are supposed to be getting something soon (i hope).  maybe i'll get
it all int he mail tomorrow.  the key point here is that NO ONE SHOULD BE
MAD AT ME!!  especially not you.

the weirdest part about waking up around 4 is that the sun is going down, so
you start feeling like the earth is turning backwards and the sun rises in
the west in the morning.  then i go to the gym.  then i eat breakfast!

since i havn't posted in forever there are some things that i caught in the
last month that i felt i should comment on.

ms. sanz mentioned the never-ending party that is toronto.  and i say:
"you're welcome to come by anytime"  you can even sleep on my crooked living
room floor (on a mattress sleeping bag type thing....my couch is totally
useless)  however, toronto isn't an endless party, at least not all the
time, and especially not when people are watching it.  sort of like in
qunatum physics.  it changes when someone else is looking at it.

so, despite having become somewhat completely nocturnal i am not really
living it up or anything, no flamboyant vomiting or excessive drunken
antics...disproving (perhaps) that the party is always rocking here in
toronto.  in fact, about as hard core as party action has been lately
largely involved making a mild ass of myself at a party yesterday but
nothing exciting, racy or anything.  oh.  my friends ed and tim broke the
sink in rancho relaxo by making out on top of it.  i guess thats what
happens when the indie rock and booze come together to quickly in washrooms
etc.  yes.

also, someone mistook chris lampien's outrageous boasts about his own (and
from what i gather over rated) hotness for those of my very modest self.  i
want to correct this!  grrrr.  besides, cat power isn't that hot.  she's not
as hot as the girl from blonde redhead nor as hot as some other people i
know who are really fucking attractive.  so there.  mind, what do i know, i
think aggi pastel is really hot.  i clearly stand far out in the wilderness
where judgements of 'hotness' are concearned.

someone also mentioned that they had come to like pop music more since being
13 and i certainly agree.  i listend to lots of bad punk (not to be confused
with good punk which i got into when i was 14 and moved to the big city) and
grungy things...also some metal.  but this is because i lived in the suburbs
and thats what you had to do.  i'm proud to say that i still don't feel
embarrassed about loving mudhoney tho.  neither am i regretful about my
jesus lizard problems.

le fuck
les shits
grrr.

does anyone remember blake confessing his undying love for the girl who put
the shoulder/neck/lips pic up on the bodypages thing?  did anyone else
decide (after blake suggested it) to put said photo up as yr windows desk
top?  well i did and it looks friggen great!  all pixelated and big and it
gets all the best comments from friends etc.  rah!  shoulder girl you rock.

s t e ve n