Sinister: please... don't butcher two languages

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Sun Oct 1 17:12:46 BST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Lorenson" <rtoad at xxx.net>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2000 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: Sinister: please... don't butcher two languages

> On 30 Sep 2000, at 10:35, n|ck g wrote:

> Sorry to piss in your lemonade, but...

The Zero (Japanese -- I think Mitsubishi made
> it, but I'm not sure) is by far the most kickass WWII fighter.
> Except for the Messerschmitt ME62e which came at the very end
> of the war, which was a jet.  It was used very little in combat, as
> Messerschmitt was unable to construct enough numbers in time to
> put it into wide use.  That's probably what they are referring to
> when they call their planes Messerschmitts.

well, i guess i'm also pissing in the lemonade... that was the 262.  premier ace adolf galland was given command of a squadron and
was extremely frustrated that the luftwaffe didn't use it properly.  i think they were mainly used for bomber interceptions rather
than going after the allied fighters.  i'm a little foggy on it, but basically, the 262's potential was squandered.  as was the case
in many areas, the german command were idiots, hitler being the biggest one, when it came to strategic planning.  after all, this is
the guy that thought he could take out russia with one swift kick.  the allies couldn't afford to lose hitler in an assasination (as
far as winning the war once he'd started it goes), of which there were a few attempts by his own men, he was just too good at not
knowing what the hell he was doing, thank god!

i never, ever thought i'd be involved in a discussion of messerschmitts on this or any list.  :)

jay

"i look like robert deniro, i drive a mitsubishi zero"