Sinister: 3/7ths of B&S to play live in London!

Niall Barr n.barr at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 2 13:12:50 BST 2000

Hi people,
V-Twin, who have now added Richard on percussion to their line-
up, are doing a gig on Saturday at Blow-up in London in addition to
the one I mentioned before in Aberdeen on Thursday. They're also
trying out a novel new idea - rehearsing! They have been hidden
away in Twin Towers rehearsing all last week, and don't intend to
emerge 'til Wednesday. Stevie is playing guitar as well as sitar,
and Chris is playing piano and synth as usual.

Lots of people have been talking about Messerschmitts...

I have a vague memory of once spending four years sitting in
lecture theatres trying to sleep while lecturers tried to tell me how
to make aeroplanes, and then getting shouted at when I tried to put
the knowledge to practical use by throwing paper aeroplanes at
them. The University eventually got tired of my paper aircraft, and
got someone to talk to me in latin, hit me on the head with a silly
hat and give me a bit of paper in a red cardboard tube which
apparently proves I know lots of stuff about aircraft. Because of this
I think I probably should add more trivia to the Messerschmitt
discussion..

After WW2, Messerschmitt merged with Blokow-Blom (sp?) and
became MBB. They made a helecopter called the MBB Bo105
(now known as the Eurocopter Bo105), which is very popular with
british police forces, so Messerschmitts once again are able to
strike fear into at least some of the people of Britain.

Niall.