Sinister: we'll go jumblesailing...

sophie harris sophiesea at xxx.com
Mon Oct 2 16:58:25 BST 2000

hello hello and cripes, radiohead outrage...
hmmm...

two things:
1. i admire radiohead for releasing kid a.
2. i don't like kid a.

so scroll on if you don't want my rants...

>SOPHIE HARRIS (sophiesea at hotmail.com) spat out the
following earlier this week:
my [boy with the] arab strap is now drowned out by
horrid kid a!! bumm-er.

no, i didn't spit it, i just wasn't in the mood. to be honest, radiohead
don't really inspire that kind of passion in me one way or the other. i do
think radiohead are an important band, and i do totally support progression
and experimentation, but my attitude towards radiohead is mersault-ish
indifference. sorry if that sounds wanky, but people have a right to their
own musical preferences. frankly, i'd rather listen to the gentle waves
album than kid a right now.

>Hmm...i'll bet you're one of those people who hate
musicians experimenting.  Let them suffer a typical
boring 9-5 job then, no room for progression...

oh yes of *course* you're totally right. god, that amount of times i've
wished hendrix hadn't been born, and those bloody rolling stones, what was
going on there? if only all songs were as simple and pleasant as
'yesterday'. just think of what could have been , if *only* syd barrett had
been an accountant...

>Sorry, but since they can't defend themselves, i feel
guilty.

now you're just being naive - radiohead are thoroughly equipped to deal with
criticism - you really think that if they were that disinterested, they'd
have cooperated with the substantial piece in this week's observer? why
should you defend them? and 'specially against 'BORING MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC'? pfhfthf i dunno.
to those who love radiohead, hurrah for you, that's ace - i would go barking
without the solace of music i love and can cry in the rain to / laugh and
skip along to / whatever - but the world would be a grey place indeed if we
were all into the same thing (wouldn't it?).

raaaydiohead aside, i went to greenwich market on saturday, and bought a
tape  called 'magnetic fields' by jean michelle jarre! it's v bleepy and
friendly sounding, and he has lovely laquered hair on the front. and funny
blanked out eyes... a bit like last months Q cover with Thom on it actually
erm... oh dear...

i'll get me inky cloak then....

xs