Sinister: awaiting the end of music with optimism

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Tue Oct 3 00:42:20 BST 2000

gender math panic!

the music we all need.

marie elia probably wanted chris ware to sign her comic books but she
chickened out.  i chickened out to such an extent that i left the city
rather than go to the beguiling and get my comics signed.  fear fear fear!
maybe she wanted that over done bozo dan clowes to sign her comics, in which
case the cool kids are totally explained.  i like the way that archer
prewitt made a comic of chris ware as charlie brown, which drove home the
fact that jimmy corrigan looks alot like a kind of charley brown and that
the themes of loss and disappointment are similar in both only more extreme
in the ware comics than the schultz.  hmm.  i love comics because i am an
original nerd.  i go way back.  i was in the gifted program.  i do math for
fun and don't need to do it.

discuss:  comics.

now!

hey the second song on the new joan of arc album is powerfully rocking for
them no?  holy shit! grrr.

i never mention parts of my body.  besides.  the interesting parts are
invisible.
chris lampien is probably half of the photos on the bodyparts page already
and can't contribute anymore photos of the same pernicious bodily bits for
fear of confusing people.

yo pierre trudeau died.  i found out at work a mere two hours after he
snuffed it.  i work at the CBC so we know these things.

pierre trudeau was as close to rad as politicians got.  he was in power when
i was born.  he was actually a collosal jack-ass in many ways but he did it
all with elan and style.  he went out with barbra striesand.

also bubble tea is tremendous.  i wish the human genome project could make
more bodyfluids into bubble tea.  i'm sick of semen and all the various
mucous membranes people have.  grr.  i want people to have fruity flavoured
tapioca drippy bits.  i'm so sick of us taking such an earnest 'this is so
fucking important' approach to DNA.  ok. so if we know these things when can
we start the 'fun mutating'?  i mean, fuck this la-dee-da disease stuff.  i
guess i expect more imagination from science.  if i was really a scientist
i'd lose my research funding because i'd keep trying to make cyclops/unicorn
winged monkeys or something.  just for kicks.  or no! springboks with walrus
tusks! ha! then they'd eat the cheetahs back.  bitchen.

jen owl works with the old.

i am so afraid of the old.

terror terror terror!

the appeal of dance dance revolution puzzles my anthropology class.  ha HA!

my friend eddie played DDR all summer as a job.  it was what he did.  for
money.

he is so good that he's almost as good as the korean kids.  the korean kids
are the best thing on legs.  i bet they already have bubble tea genitals.

grr.
i havn't heard the new radiohead album.  i didn't like pink floyd the first
time around.
(oooh! dis! can you take it? please don't start another boring thread
defending the dull, we don't need that ok?)

hey! tim kinsella just mentioned breast feeding!

s t e  nev