Sinister: Like a velvet glove cast in iron

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 3 15:31:08 BST 2000

Blimey, you make a short observation about a foreign
language and the next thing you know everyone's
talking about old aeroplanes.  And thats why the
sinister list is grate.

Steven Kado said:

"discuss:  comics.

now!"

OK

I wouldn't describe Dan Clowes as an overdone bozo
though I admit most of his stuff (like early 8balls)
is hard to come by in the sticks areas of englishland.
 Ghost World is one of my favourite graphic novels
-like- ever man.  Lout Rampage is worth a look
especially if you're into Jack T Chick spoofs and
repulsive artwork.

He's not as funny as Peter Bagge though.

Someone nice whose name I can't remember asked whether
Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms was actually full of fine
china crockery.  It isn't.  It does have fairly
civilised bouncers and improved toilets but it's your
usual Church of St. Lamaq small venue.  Having the
Deladgos and Clearlake there should improve things
immeasurably though.

It's gonna be difficult to do a digital painting of
B&S on Top of the Pops since I never saw it.  I might
just use some amazing photomanipulation software to
put B&S on TOTP back in its 60s glory days.  And have
Jimmy Saville attacking Struan instead of a gorilla.
Disturbing thought.

I think I should go too.

Rob