Sinister: How Scandinavian of me (?)

Lorraine Hosie Lorraine.Hosie at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 3 20:18:34 BST 2000

Hi Groovers

Working late and I just had to drop an advice-seeking mail (as an
advice-seeking female) who has just gone all squishy about a certain
Scandinavian boy.

Oh Lordy, I'm swooning like a bad 'un.

So I work for this ad agency where I write words n' stuff and we got this
Web-bit where lotsa techie people sit shouting JAVA-JAVA-JAVA all day long.
And I don't go down there much, coz it's a bit scary when you use words and
not numbers to make language, or something.

Anyway.  Tonight they are giving this presentation which is "Wot we do and
who does it" with free beer and finger food, so I'm going, and there's this
guy sitting there looking cool n' cutting-edge (in his own way).  Turns out
he is one of these techie people and (I'M SHOCKED) is fab and funny and
handsome and SCANDINAVIAN, which makes me go all stoopid and girly and
stoopid again.  And he's chatting away about how he used to "modify" PLAYBOY
TV, but he got real bored coz all the ladies were boring and stereotypical
(Isn't he GRATE?).  And not to forget how he's a bit of an alien in the UK,
so I'm busting not to say "DO YOU NEED A GREEN CARD???"

What'ma gonna do?

Means I'm gonna have to start hanging about in the scary bit of the building
and learn binary and start checking my blemishes (ohmygod, I have blemishes)
at lunchtime.

I shouldn't even be here - I should be out exercising or having an acid peel
or at least swotting up on the history of the Sauna (oh, baby) and it's
direct influence on the Bjork back-catalogue.  While drinking Metz.

Again... What'ma gonna do?

ANSWERS - ON A POST (card) PLEASE...
Miss Ho(dottir)