Sinister: To The Place I Belong

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Tue Oct 3 21:27:37 BST 2000

Hi All,

I think I once saw Toots & The Maytals perform "Take Me Home, etc." in Hyde
Park. Obviously they couldn't get away with singing Mr Denver's original
lyrics so changed home to "West Jamaica".

Luckily getting older means that you don't have to care about whether or not
you like Radiohead.

Bowie At The Beeb triple CD is good value, new Broadcast ep is good. Hefner
singles also, (but have all been heard before on the radio). Hefner remixed
by Poxendale must be Peter Miller's idea of heaven.

I went to church on Sunday, too. The clergyman officiating was a nice old
bloke, so when he shook hands with me I said "Bless me Father" and he was my
Dad.

I found reading Hymns Ancient & Modern Revised more interesting than the
latter half of the service. No way is it true that the devil has all the
best tunes. I reckon all that singing in the choir has soaked into Stuart
Murdoch's soul & that's why he writes such stirring melodies.

Stuart, what are your 3 favourite hymns?

Channel 4 Planet Sound teletext says that the "Belle & Sebastian DJ's" are
no longer going to tour with Snow Patrol, as they are in the studio. What on
earth would they be doing there?

Messerschmitt trivia section: its a nice irony that when they made the film
The Battle Of Britain there weren't any airworthy Bf.109's left, so they had
to use ex-Ejercito del Aire ones (that's a HA-1112-M1L or C.4K, Segunditos).
These had to be built with Merlin engines (as on the Hurricanes & Spitfires
popularly held to have won the Battle) when the supply of Daimler Benz 600
series engines dried up after the war. So both side's planes in the film are