Sinister: Beware the Wrath of Sting

Vicki Rider vrider at xxx.net
Wed Oct 4 03:23:20 BST 2000

>From the moment in first hour on Monday morning that I saw what my French
teacher had written on the board ------>
"lundi, le 2 octobre-c'est l'anniversaire de Sting! Il a 49 ans."
I knew that meant trouble. Promptly I discovered that our school's air
conditioning had broken that morning, and when you live in the desert where
it's still 98 degrees that's no good. Then I knew The Wrath Of Sting was
upon us. True, I don't get this nervous when it's, say, Morrissey's
birthday, but then again what pop star this side of George Michael could
inspire such terror? I tried to plod through the day avoiding mishap, but no
use. I got a 65 on a math quiz, on stuff I knew well. I lost my good pen.
The computer in newspaper was jammed and I couldn't print out my article.
When I got home I tripped and fell, banging my head on the coach. It even
took me a long time to get to bed, because my fan was suddenly and
mysteriously broken.
So if you had a bad day Monday, don't blame it on a friend or a teacher or
yourself-blame it on Sting!!

Cheers,
Rachel  W. :-)