Sinister: Mark enters his fourth decade

Mark Hester mark_e_hester at xxx.com
Wed Oct 4 09:00:33 BST 2000

Birthdays are not exactly unexpected, they're not like the crickets at the
end of Grandaddy's "Under the Western Freeway" album or anything.  That
said, I hadn't exactly been gearing up for the big three-oh, thinking it to
be a reason for commiserating rather than celebrating.....

Then last Saturday I went into Superdrug and the girl at the checkout asked
me if I had an NUS card.  "I turn thirty next month," I replied.  "Oh
really, you don't look it!" said she, really putting the super into
Superdrug as far as I was concerned.

Anyway, the *big day* is Oct 17th, but as this is a "school night" I have
decided to celebrate on the Saturday before, so if any UK listees in or
within easy reach of London can make it to the Head of Steam just outside
Euston Station (see http://www.theheadofsteam.com/Euston.html)from about
7.30-ish on Saturday 14th you'll be most welcome.

See you there!
Mark.