Sinister: KidA versus FYHCYWLAP

Marty GGGGG martyg10 at xxx.com
Wed Oct 4 14:48:14 BST 2000

Listened to Kid A on the way home from work yesterday, then on the way in
again this morning. As I approached a set of lights I saw a formation of
birds in the sky flying south, Kid A is almost certainly going to be the
winter soundtrack for many. I enjoyed the album a great deal, the dissonant
electronics serve to create a mood of unease and expectation which set your
mind on edge and create the receptiveness/need/hunger for the 'proper' vocal
tracks when they finally arrive. They are quite obviously messing with our
heads, and why the fuck not?
But the big question, is it better than B&S' last offering? Chalk and cheese
y'might say, but at least the 'head are moving in different directions,
whereas B&S seem to be reheating the same old soup to a certain extent. Very
nice soup, don't get me wrong, kinda like your granny might make, but still
the same stuff.