Sinister: Radiohead? Bah!

Marc Bloomfield Marc.Bloomfield at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 4 15:14:25 BST 2000

Hello all.

What with all this talk about Kid A, I thought I should drop in my little
opinion. After all the discussion about the hatred of prog rock, I'm
surprised that Radiohead seem to attract so many fans, what with their
music being impenetrable pretentious old twaddle.

Still, at least they're not putting out any singles for a while.

Well, it's now getting all autumnal, and I have to say, I love it almost
completely (apart from the gloomy bits). Now I can wear a coat to work and
not feel foolish as the weather changes from what looks like rain to being
a stinking hot summer day. No more sweating on the tube (hooray!) and lots
more enjoying being indoors where it's nice and warm (until the heating
decides to pack up).

I suppose a bit of B&S content is necessary really. Well, since I've yet
to make any comment on anything about FYHCYWLAP, I can honestly say I love
it, especially 'Don't Leave The Light On', which is gorgeous. I was
surprised when martyg10 (sorry, I don't know your full name) said that
they seem to be retreading old ground. As far as I could see, a lot of the
criticism for FYHCYWLAP from people in these quarters seemed to stem from
the fact that it didn't sound enough like the B&S of old (or am I
misinterpreting everything?). Hmm - dissention in the ranks maybe?!

Well, as it's getting to un-picnic-able weather in this country, I'm
hoping that there'll be something else to do instead - the last Lahndahn
picnic was top, if a bit wet, so here's hoping for some sort of indoor
picnic-type thang, with more booze than you could shake a very large stick
at. Anyone got any suggestions?

Ah well, I suppose I ought to get back to me proofreading.

Bye ev'ryone,

Marc.