Sinister: Creeps and weirdos

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Wed Oct 4 16:37:23 BST 2000

Blooming students, eh?  They get back to university after the summer hols and immediately start
posting.  It's just not on.  I want to go back to the old routine of checking my inbox and finding
it empty all day long and being bored out of my brain.  Bah!

Marc Bloomfield piped up and said

the last Lahndahn
> picnic was top, if a bit wet, so here's hoping for some sort of indoor
> picnic-type thang, with more booze than you could shake a very large stick
> at. Anyone got any suggestions?

Get thee to Scalarama on Saturday.  Details at http://www.scalarama.com  From what I hear,
Sinister will be rather well represented.  Plus you get to choose between watching England against
the Evil Germans or watching Baxendale.  Decisions, decisions...  I'll be wearing my disco belt
and heels, of course.

I'd like to thank Marty G for saying

> dragging the other one off his barstool for a square go and everything.

because various people have been trying to convince me lately that there's no such thing as a
Square Go.  And I'd like to offer those people outside for a SQUARE GO right now.  Grrr!

I was cleaning my room the other evening (yes, really!), dusting the corners of the ceiling, when
I discovered a nest of spiders!  Bloody arachnids, they follow me around everywhere these days.
There were lots of ickle ones crawling about a mass of cobwebs and Mummy and Daddy were guarding
them.  What to do?  They were too high and too small to catch in a pint glass and whipping at them
with my duster might make them fall down in my face - no thank you very much!  The Flatmate
suggested hoovering them up, but I thought that was a cruel idea, especially considering he's a
hippie veggie boy, so I've left them there in their little webby creche and hopefully they'll
scuttle off under the skirting board when they've grown up a bit.  Or maybe they'll grow to the
size of dinner plates and crawl into my mouth while I'm asleep and... euch!  Pass the hoover...

And finally, a poem:

I eat my gruel from a PORRINGER
Putting marmalade in makes it ORANGER

Will that do?  Sort of?  Ish?