Sinister: Tu Veux Ou Tu Veux Pas

Pauline L. Shivers paulinel_s at xxx.com
Wed Oct 4 18:46:31 BST 2000

It's been a while.

People are writting about planes and languages and the
new radiohead album. I never liked Radiohead. I think
they are the *intellectual* excuse to the vulgarity
and commonness of the *indie* music scene. Some people
in here will probably hate me for such a statement,
but this is my humble opinion anyway.
not so humble! I do hate this word!
Actually, I liked the radiohead bloke's brother band
much more. I think they were more genuine. they were
the La's, a band from Liverpool, I reckon. With John
Powers from Cast in... I'm not sure if the yoke
brother was in La's, but I haven't got time for facts
now anyway!

But, it's time to go back to the Pauline L's world.
As I told you in my last post, me and my best friend
Althea, had a picnic on our own in Prague's botanical
garden. It was a perfect day, sunny and warm. And we
flashed our red knickers. An old man was passing by
holding his 7-years-old grandson's hand, and he almost
had a heart attack. His face got all red! But I guess
his grandson was more interested in such a spectacle!
Little boys get naughty in such a small age nowadays,
don't you think?
I also told you that I met this musician, Anton. He
came to us and asked for our lighter. I love men who
smoke. I don't know why, but the non-smokers always
make me feel uncomfortable and put me in that
apologetic mood which I despise.
Anton is very gifted. He seems to live in a world of
his own; which is a good thing. We went to the Prague
riots together. All these people! I'd spent hours and
hours in my garde robe room trying to figure out what
to wear. Althea came to pick me up and I wasn't ready.
Finally I wore a pair of black D&G trousers - they
were last season so I didn't really care if they'd get
dirty or torn apart or anything - and a tight Apollo
440 t-shirt (!) and over that my Hope & Glory hooded
jacket! If any of you had anything to do with the
*joy-riding* era in england, 7 years ago, you'd
probably remember the Hope & Glory clothes line...
Oh and my red camper shoes. Last season too, but I
guessed and I guessed right that they'd be ruined as
well! Campers are so off-season!
That was the most important part of the prague riots
really! what I was wearing! 'Cause we did have the
same old stuff. people screaming their lungs out,
really badly dressed students, people at their 50s who
looked at some skateboarding boys in amazement and
envy! We did a lot of running; next day my thighs were
aching. Nothing serious though; nothing that two hours
of horseriding couldn't fix, if you know what I mean!
So, we went there. Me, Althea and Anton; With whom I
had a bad argument over music. He said that Belle and
Sebastian are ripping off Love and Felt, and that made
me so angry! As I said it's a different thing to rip
other bands off and another to pay your respect to
these bands with your music. He then asked me who I
liked more: B&S or Love? but the answer was obvious!
What do I have to do with Love? They were OK, for
their era, but they do bore me after 3 or 4 songs. But
Felt, Felt is another story. I don't think that anyone
could rip Felt off! It's impossible!
Anyway, Anton pissed me off! I think he's too much of
a commoner for me. His family has lots of money, his
father owns this chain of clothes stores. But who
cares? it's *new money* and it shows!
I think Althea is interested though. And she could
have him really. Nothing happened between me and Anton
anyway, and Althea and I use to share everything.
talking about Althea her brother came from England;
he's doing his PhD in philosophy there; I haven't seen
Daniel for years. He's 30 years old now and so cute
that makes my knees feel all weak everytime he looks
at me! Daniel is living with his dad in London. You
see Althea's parents are divorced and she lives here
with her mum, where as her brother moved to London
when he was 18 and lives there ever since; so, I could
only see him in summer for a couple of weeks during
his holidays. I used to have this crush on him since I
can remember myself. And we snogged once; that was 3
years ago. Daniel heard the whole story about my
italian so called *fiance* from Althea and last night
when we went out for dinner with Anton, Althea and
cousin Theodor, he kept asking me about him. He met
his sister in London, he said.
You see, us, the european aristocracy live in a very
close circle. we all know each other!
I want to seduce Daniel; and it won't be hard. The
thing is that I suspect that Theodor wants him too!
Poor Theo! He's still trying to recover from the
fiasko with Aunt Myrtles' gardener! I feel so sorry
for him!
he was going out with this model for a couple of
weeks!
And was he cute! But it wasn't meant to last. Theodor
got bored with the model boy after the first week.
I don't blame him really. the boy was very cute as I
said, but quite brainless.
Last night, after we went back home, I went to
Theodor's room and lied down next to him under the
duvet! We talked and talked for hours. He said he had
a crush on Daniel too, but he realised that he was
straight so he wouldn't make a fool out of himself by
confessing his love to him. And that he would be happy
for me if I got together with Daniel! That was very
generous of him. But my poor darling Theo, had no
other choise really.
In the meanwhile, aunt Myrtles' trips to her friend
Patricia Hendel in Paris, have become more frequent! I
guess it won't be long till we hear wedding bells for
cousin Theo and her horsefaced floosy of a daughter,
Miss Constance.
Today me and Daniel are going to this Spa! We have
made room reservations there for 3 days. two single
rooms, mind you. Althea and boyfriend Anton were
supposed to come as well, but Anton is going to Italy
for a concert and Althea can't but follow him, so that
leaves me and Daniel all alone for 3 whole days in a
Spa, 3 hours from Prague. Heaven knows what's going to
happen!!
I'll tell you all in my next post, I promise! At
least, I hope I'll have *something* to tell you.
Before I leave, I would like to thank this sinister
boy, Jonny five, who wrote this lovely little poem for
me! Thank you Jonny darling! You english boys are so
cute! Or like BB would sing "Le Diable Est Anglais"!!
And "Le Diable" is irresistable!!

            Pauline L. Shivers

that makes sinister all quivers
she's that aristocratic slag
who lives and reigns in Prague

PS: Where's Magda Boom? I so much liked her posts! I
could see a kinder spirit in her!

more PS: My fave sinister listee, PF, seems to have
landed in a more *real* world! I miss the old
PFantastic, sur-real-istic era!