Sinister: Conditioners Prettiest Evil.

alix campbell lixibell at xxx.com
Thu Oct 5 00:25:25 BST 2000

hello

(the mists of time dawned on me, so i got up and opened the curtains)

ally cooke mentioned curtains. my dad was fanatic about closing the
curtains, to retain heat. i always liked the way that 'drawing the curtains'
could mean either opening or closing them. or depicting them in pencil. i
don't like sleeping with the curtains shut though. i feel like  vampire.

(if i'd had a penny for every time i'd said kajagoogoo i wouldn't be eating
crab sticks now)

it's been a while, i've not been able to get it together to concentrate long
enough to post. even now i don't know if this will get cancelled and i shall
start again some other time. you may never know these words existed. still,
here's to a maybe.

again i have found myself ending things and leaving jobs and houses. finally
i went to university. its' decidedly bland. rediscovered shyness in the
process. i am slighty homeless as a result. this is bad.

(i still believe in magic carpets)

martin (who is odd and talks to the TV) mentioned Constant Spray. i wonder
if he has heard an early ep of theirs with 'filofax sad parade' and 'if
seagulls weren't airborne would we still be shipshape?' on it. the ep also
has 'laminate the landmarks' as a hidden track. at least, i think that's
what it's called. it could be a version of 'tesselate tesselate or wait'
though.  this was before they adopted el lingua de dios, or volapuk as we
know it nowadays, and simply sung in their native language. more recently
though, i thought '3am wait for mr milko' was superb. much better than live
versions.

i visited the tate modern today. it's an impressive space. shame about all
that art they've left in there.

i shall be going to scalarama llama. i'll be the one with the badge that
says 'don't get to know me'

from: alix

(i'd give anything for a giant marble egg, but how would i incubate it?)