Sinister: Yay! It's stuff relating to me in some fashion or another!

Carmel Petra Wright carmellie at xxx.com
Thu Oct 5 03:27:35 BST 2000

Heather,
 I've heard of Pink Martini and listened a bit to their
record.  Definitely a cool band, I just don't have
anything of theirs.

I have actually lived here in rainy Portland (coming from
rainy Seattle) for a couple years.  I'm going to school
down here and I'm in my third year.  There are some cool
indie kids around, mostly hiding, but I just don't know
many of them.  My school is full of the Abercrombie kids
driving their SUVs that mommy and/or daddy bought them as
recompense for their lonely childhoods.  So, I am swamped
with Rosie 105 listeners....sigh.  Oh well, I guess
someone needs to listen to that stuff.  It's like the
good old philosophy that we need bad to contrast the good
so we realize the full meaning of the good.  That's all
for now. Sleep well sinisterinos!

Carmel
--- Heather Humble <hhumble at reed.edu> wrote:

> Well I thought I'd post again, due to the increase of
> talk about Portland!
>
> Honey bought a record by our very own Pink Martini- a
> fabulous band
> indeed!  They usually play at my school's winter and/or
> spring formals,
> which are a bit more of a meat market than anything
> else.  Well, at
> least back in the old days when they served us booze.
> Now you have to
> sneak it in, so it's just not worth it.  But Pink
> Martini are all right in
> my books!
>
> Adam Conover felt all warm and fuzzy inside because our
> very own Jen from
> The Softies and AGSFB emailed him.  Jen felt even more
> special when I told
> her how famous she is now that everyone on sinister
> heard just how famous
> and neat she is!  And Adam is tops, because he likes
> the Beta Band, just
> like me.
>
> Carmel said she just moved to Portland and couldn't
> find anyone to play
> with.  There's a large contingency of indie kids in
> this here town and a
> small contingency of us sinisterees.  Of course we've
> never had a picnic
> despite my lame ass efforts.  I wouldn't be surprised
> if we've all been at
> a few of the same shows, though.
>
> And non-Portland-related but me-related because I used
> to live there,
> Feather Boa is moving to York, which despite all my
> bitching and moaning
> while I was there, I miss dearly.  I really only met
> one other B&S fan and
> he broke my heart, so stay away from him.  But there
> were a few other
> people I'd see in B&S shirts.  My favorite one to watch
> (B&S boy, as I
> called him) probably finished his degree, so I'm sure
> he'll be gone.  But
> there are lots of ace people at the radio station (as
> well as a few not so
> ace people, but nevermind them), so you should go be
> one of them.
>
> Finally, lots of people have crushes, myself included.
> We met at the desk
> lottery last month (we're so academic we have lotteries
> to see who gets
> the best desks in the library) but I couldn't remember
> his name.  Rather,
> if his name was one of two that sound a lot alike.  So
> last weekend I got
> all smart and stuff and decided to check the list and
> see the names of the
> people that sit at the desk he's at.  What are the odds
> that the two
> possible names that could be his are the two names of
> the people at that
> desk?!  Oh the irony.  Needless to say, I've not gotten
> very far in
> talking to him.  I almost put a note on his desk asking
> if he wanted to
> [...]

=====
"you're still here but just check to make sure
 all you aspired to do was endure
 you can't ask for more ask for none
 knowing you'll never get that which you ask for"
           ~~~~~~~Elliott Smith~~~~~~~