Sinister: ta me go dona

Eric D Brasure edb213 at xxx.edu
Thu Oct 5 04:21:31 BST 2000

wow, so school's started up again! are we students all very excited? I've
already skipped three classes. I couldn't bear the thought of going to my
2 1/2 hour "workshop in history" today, so I came home and ate peanut
butter and jelly sandwiches and listened to b&s. then I actually did some
schoolwork, a novelty for me.
is anyone out there a speaker/student of irish (as in, the language)? I'm
taking the first semester of it now, and it's absolutely crazy. my
favorite word so far is "blasta", which means tasty. the language is
alive, at least at new york university. oh yeah, and in some place called
ireland. I'm writing my first irish composition and it's going v e r y
s l o w l y, since, like, I don't speak it.
I found out tonight that my friend was going to set me up with some boy
named jay, which vaguely alarmed me. what is the proper thing to say when
you're told information like that? I don't date. I'm against it. and
anybody that tells you any different is a filthy liar and you should shun
them.
I just found out that yo la tengo is coming back to new york in november,
which is quite exciting since I've never seen them live. I just hope that
I can afford a ticket, since I'm a poor college student and all that.
I was approached by a complete stranger today on the street that asked me
about my b&s pins on my bag. and about two weeks before that, someone
on the bus complimented me on them. both times I was informed that they
were jealous because they're sold out. so see, that was 2 pounds that was
going to spent that wasn't! b&s really need to be more ruthless
capitalists. being approached by strangers and asked about pins is kind of
disconcerting though, since I don't really know what to say. it didn't
help that one of them was a cute boy. but, I don't date. so there!
only 14 more irish words to go....

languidly,
eric

p.s. hi jonny!

Sometimes I wonder if I'm patriotic enough. Yes, I want to kill people,
but on both sides.

-- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey