Sinister: robert de niro's waiting

Erica MacArthur Macarthur at xxx.com
Thu Oct 5 11:25:00 BST 2000

Dear Sinister,

hello there. I havent written in a while and as such feel a little like a
vicar popping in for a cup of tea and a chat. My ex-church doesn't send the
Vicar round. They just bombard me with letters, as they are still hopeful
that they will draw me back from my pernicious world of cigarettes, alcohol
and loose women.

Jen said:

> Work experience still is hell.

I did work experience with a very funny man indeed. He was a very funny man
and a very funny photographer. His wife was a very funny woman and they
worked in a funny little shop. Do you ever find that when you look at the
same word too many times, it turns into another? Because 'funny' just became
'fanny'. Anyway, those fannies used to send me out at lunchtime even when it
was raining, and I used to cower under a copy of the guardian inside a leaky
little wooden house in the children's playground up the road, singing
britpop songs to myself to keep my morale up. I saw Alex James in the
Foundry last night, he looked a bit fat. I thought about asking him for
directions to the Private View for which I spent half an hour walking down
the wrong end of Shoredich High Street, but I found a nice cabby who took
off his hat and took out the magical book of truth - the London A to Z, and
bob's your uncle.

It was quite a fun Private View actually. It was in a gallery space posing
as a house, and it had a big white bathroom so we hid in it while we tried
to stop giggling. I shouted 'you've got shit on your trousers' quite loudly
whilst a man was being interviewed by the BBC about the East End being the
new cool. Horrified by the sudden realisation that we were in last season's
favoured district, we insulted people randomly before getting our coats and
getting the hell out. Their Vodka was crap and they wouldn't let us stand on
the roof and I wanted to be at the Mobo awards instead. Mummy!

>Get thee to Scalarama on Saturday.  Details at http://www.scalarama.com
>From what I hear,
>Sinister will be rather well represented.

Word! You better watch out. I'll be celebrating my coming of Age there with
various other young men and women. So if you see me crying and telling
people I love them in a vomit-stained dress, you'll know just WHY. Gin.
Mother's ruin. Best leave her to get on with it, so they say.

Erica

The House of Scarlet - tight but polite
http://www.chickpages.com/rants/golighty/index.html