Sinister: the night has a thousand eyes

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 6 12:22:05 BST 2000

hi de hi campers,
   so many things to say so little time, i suppose i'll just launch
into it then....

kid a
umm not really interested, still it was nice to hear thom yorke doing
catchphrases on mark and lard. you wouldn't believe how many people
have come up to me this week and told me that they went to see
radiohead at warrington and they were all shocked that i wasn't
hugely interested. perhaps i exude an air of liking radiohead or
maybe i've just been eating too much cheese...
 oh and i've got a pulp cd which makes use of the funky little
plastic bit which i always manage to break the hinge on anyway.

i've just noticed, they've started putting advertising billboards in
our uni pooter room. this is worrying. currently some spotty youths
are staring down from the wall trying to entice me to visit
dotmusic.com. well i shan't.. so nurr. capitalism - raaaaaaah!

old people
i can sympathise with jen's plight as my mum used to work in an old
people's home and when we were little she used to take me and my
brother visit beacause 'the oldies like to see the children' and it
was really scary, and it smelled, and sometimes we had to eat there
and to be on our best behaviour for hours and and oh the memories are
flooding back..............

hello to everyone i met last week and apologies to anyone that i was
rude to or ignored or anything else, especially paul arathoon who i
meant to go and talk to, but i forgot what you looked like, unless i
did go back and talk to you and have forgotten in which case
nevermind. but the only thing i can remember is getting the bus half
way to my house so that i could get fried chicken and then walking
the rest of the way on my own in the dark and subsequently realising
that that was a *bad* thing to do.
i resolve never to drink again.
hahaha feeg falls off her chair laughing...

  i went to see elliot smith on wednesday. i cried. it was a
beautiful experience.

  i'm going to see john hegley tonight!! i'm really excited, i've got
front row tickets!! the lady in the box office laughed at me and told
me that we'd get picked on all night, but i don't care, i really am
extremely over excited!!!
woo and indeed hoo!!

someone told us to talk about comics
umm...
whilst trawling through the freshers fair at my uni the other week
some of the goodies i received in mystery carrier bags with *big*
*adverts* on them included two copies of the dandy and a copy of the
beano. i can't quite make up what this says about that particular
company's opinion of students in the year 2000, but i don't think its
entirely complimentary.

if any would like to join me, i'm starting a half arsed campaign of
emailing steve lamacq to try and remind him that there are still
people out there who want to be able to switch on the radio of an
evening and listen to somethiing other than blink 182, limp bizkit et
al, so get your annoying heads on and
  steve.lamacq at bbc.co.uk

  thanks.

  right i must leave you now as i have record shopping to do and a
job interview this afternoon, so wish me luck and i'll wish y'all
                            love and irn-bru,
                                                       fiona.

BOOM!! this is mc feeg biggupping the uk garage two-step posse in the
haaaaase.