Sinister: $40 down the drain

Gromit324 at xxx.com Gromit324 at xxx.com
Fri Oct 6 18:15:37 BST 2000

Uh, hi, I don't really ever post here, as I don't usually think I have all
that much to say.

But today is a different day.

Have you ever felt totally ripped off?  I think I was ripped off last night.
And yes there is a tad bit of B&S in here.  A tad.

Last night I went to the John Anson Ford Ampitheatre in Universal City (right
next to Los Angeles) to see Modest Mouse.  Mind you, I live in Huntington
Beach which is an almost TWO HOUR drive when you decide to leave your house
at 6pm on a week night and drive up to LA.  Almost TWO HOURS in traffic all
the way up the 110 Fwy to the equally, if not more, congested 101 Hollywood
Freeway.  So, we get there and there's this opening band on -- he, terrible
voice; she -- beautiful angelic voice.  I wish I could remember the band's
name.  Anyway, my boyfriend says they sound like Belle and Sebastian.  I say,
"in reverse".  There.  There's your tad bit of B&S.

ANYWAY -- the two opening bands play for about and hour, combined.  Then
Modest Mouse comes on.  They play for 45 MINUTES!!!!!  That's it.  FORTY FIVE
FARGING MINUTES!!!  We spent THREE TIMES as long ON THE FARGING FREEWAY than
we did listening to Modest Mouse!  Isaac Brock (singer) apologized for the
short set and said to save our tickets, they might have a free show sometime
to make up for this.  He kept saying, "Welcome to Modest Mouse Prison Camp".
Evidentally, the JAF Theater is a complete joke.

Grrrr, I'm still so terribly irritated. The worst of it is, Travis was
playing right near by at the Universal Ampitheater (which, by the way, isn't
an ampitheater anymore).  I could have seen them instead.

On another Radiohead note -- they sold out the Greek Theater here in LA in
just a few short minutes.  Their only US date, so they say.  Now the Greek,
that's an ampitheater.  I wish someone would get their *h** together around
here when they start naming venues.  Is it an ampitheater OR NOT?!?!?

Time to go to work.
*Colleen*