Sinister: a poke at the NME establishment...nothing else...

Nik Ovenden nik_ovenden at xxx.com
Sat Oct 7 09:29:57 BST 2000

In re-response to annabelle's email:
i wasn't really suggesting she was an NME "worm", i am
fully aware that they offer a free-email service.  I
was just pointing light-hearted humour at the address,
perhaps inferring she workerd for them! it was a poke
at the NME establishment, as many of you know i don't
like their journalistic fashions (as do most on this
list, i seem to recall).
Please dont take it personally, annabelle.  no harm
intended.

On the same subject...

David Geraghty emailed me to call me a racist for the
above comment.
tosser.  need i explain what a racist is?
or am i mistaken...is there, somewhere in the world, a
country full of NME newpapers, living peaceful,
contented lives, worried about the militant and
offensive nature of those weird human things towards
their kind?  probably not, it's just david's
vocabulary is pretty limited.

furthermore, david, "worm" is a term for an undercover
agent.  I know it is also a name for a certain type of
virus, but you must please read the email in the
context it is written, not just formulate an incorrect
hypothesis, a half-assed insult and throw it back.
Thats pretty stupid, isnt it?

Peace and olive branches to annabelle.  it's nice to
see new people, i meant no harm.

Love Niko
xxx

"I could only play 2 guitar chords and at a speed that
makes Galaxie 500 sound like Napalm Death"
yep, another classic quote for the
archives...hopefully in 5,000 years, people will use
this list as an exam text for history.
Hmmm...propaganda for B&S. nice.