Sinister: $40 down the drain

JR? redelvis at xxx.net
Sat Oct 7 10:49:30 BST 2000

Gromit324 at aol.com wrote:
> ANYWAY -- the two opening bands play for about and hour, combined.  Then
> Modest Mouse comes on.  They play for 45 MINUTES!!!!!  That's it.  FORTY FIVE
> FARGING MINUTES!!!  We spent THREE TIMES as long ON THE FARGING FREEWAY than
> we did listening to Modest Mouse!  Isaac Brock (singer) apologized for the
> short set and said to save our tickets, they might have a free show sometime
> to make up for this.  He kept saying, "Welcome to Modest Mouse Prison Camp".
> Evidentally, the JAF Theater is a complete joke.

crap, i hope there really is a free show and i wish i read my mail
today, i would have been warned by you at least, i only went tonight and
lets just say the same thing happened tonight. sucky. there was a slight
protest to the whole goings on, words were flying, everyone could tell
that isaac was pissed about the camp guards, he even went off madly at a
security guard mid third song to give back someones camera saying "what
is it going to blind the performers?!" which everyone cheered for. it
was quite hectic, a guy in a bunny suit jumped the stage as did another
in a tiger suit, cute please. but yeah, sucky, they show at the el rey
was a lot cooler, no seats in the way and none of the anal security.
aparently mouse had to stop because of "curfew"... curfew my ass, it's
friday night, no one is home! but anyways, yeah, no encore, whats this
crap. and he annouces (again) "welcome to the modest mouse prison
camp..." sucky. well at least the delgados and badly drawn boy play
soon.... we'll have to wait for more drunken disco shit.

> Grrrr, I'm still so terribly irritated. The worst of it is, Travis was
> playing right near by at the Universal Ampitheater (which, by the way, isn't
> an ampitheater anymore).  I could have seen them instead.

they play here so much it's funny, i heard Fran proposed to his
girlfriend at hoover dam, i think that's mighty funny.

in other news: winona ryder got a star on the walk of fame today, i went
to the ceremony because i felt like it, and my my my is she a pretty
kitten.

in need of sleep and a misery dictionary, daniel ryder

http://foolarchy.com/redelvis/
icq-1010543
aim-coxonryder