Sinister: Ah've been cleanin' windows, Jen's been cleanin' widows...

Greg Pallis gpallis at xxx.uk
Sun Oct 8 15:12:13 BST 2000

Is it just me, or does a pyjamaless pyjamarama sound like what all the
tweesters would dub the Official Sinister Orgy? God, that's a strange
thought... everyone hanging around on the outside, waiting for everyone
else... *ahem*

Yes, it's me, I'm back, ladeda, I only posted three times so the list didn't
exactly implode in my lurkership, but still... I got a list-crush vote, nay
a list-crush match, no less. Except something went horribly wrong, 'cos we
somehow failed to message each other.

What else? I was at Scalarama, hunting for upside down 3..6..9...'s, but I
didn't see any, plus I was too embarassed to look too closely at people's
*ahem* badges, y'know... I saw a girl who by look alone I was sure was on
the list - red hair, like chin length, black-and-white horizontally striped
T-shirt, one mainly white badge which may have been the 'niner, who were
you? I know you're here. Re: 'Rama... Cuban Boys make good records and are
terrible live, Baxendale make good records and are absolutely superb live,
the world would be a better place if more bands started their sets by
running onstage in matching red tops, black trousers and stylish red shades,
jumped up in the air and then launched straight into a proper p!o!p! single.
And projected a big logo saying "POP will save us all" on the vidscreen. And
wrote lyrics like "Take your Bittersweet symphonies, I'll break your legs if
you stop me dancing...". And wrote contributions to the brochure/programme
thing so good they went straight on my wall. We saw them hanging around
afterwards but were scared to talk them, sigh. She's really thin, her out of
Baxendale. Like, massively thin. Whistler and Jacques were shite, though.
Respect to the guy in the "Dance you twee indie fuck£rs" T-shirt and to "The
King of Karaoke" - he ruled.

I like Papercuts. Its logo now decorates the plastic bit on the edge of my
computer screen, underneath the Weekly World News headline: "End Times ARE
HERE". J-pop is too expensive, which makes me sad.

Pauline L. Shivers, you rock my world. I'd like to hereby apply to marry
you. It wouldn't be all socially iffy neither, 'cos I'm heir to a proper
countdom, in Italy and all.

Comics discuss - Hmmm. Slave Labor Graphics are "comics for people who don't
like comics". They make Lenore and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and much else
that's fantastic and not a little twisted, hunt them out at once popkids.
Not a lot to say here, really. Sorry.

Well, I flee now.
C*ntstubble.
Greg.