Sinister: jeepster secrets

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Sun Oct 8 22:23:47 BST 2000

I always thought that jeepster were a bastion of indie goodness and
greatness in this wicked world. But last night  via an email a friend sent
me I found out something horrible and nasty:
A few years ago Melody Maker and the NME tried to kickstart a scene called
romo which was basically a revival of the new romantic movement. A horrible
nasty idea at the best of times quite frankly. Anyway, one of the bands in
the middle of this circus were called Orlando and who were they signed to?
jeepster. label of beloved indie err lovliness.
When i found this out I searched for an old MM tape that had Orlando on it
and their song was dreadful to put it mildly.
The questions that must be answered are: Did Stuart M and the rest decide to
sign with Jeepster because they admired Orlando and the new romantic
foolishness? Does Isobel harbour desires to look like them out of
kajagoogoo? Is the next album to be filled with nasty synth noises?

Personally I have always seen the Haircut 100 influence on B&S.

Real B&S content as opposed to spurious content:
err, they played seeing other people when I went to the Star and Garter a
week ago.

p*a*u*l
Paul