Sinister: it never rains where I live

Shachar Link slink at xxx.edu
Sun Oct 8 22:26:46 BST 2000

Hello Sinisterians,

This is my first post.  I want to say that, living in Northern California
(the "Silicon Valley", to be precise), i hardly identify with the weather
you English and Scottish folks deal with.  It's always 70 degrees
(Fahrenheit  -- that translates as basically perfect) and sunny here.  The
leaves don't really change colors.  I doesn't start raining until November,
at which point it continues raining on and off until April or so, and then
it stops again for the next 6 months.

But I'm almost jealous.  I grew up in NY, where the seasons are apparent.  I
miss the leaves falling, and the reds and yellows of Autumn, and the
drizzles and the flurries.  Oh well, I'll just play frisbee.

And one more thing -- any fellow B&S people in the San Francisco Bay Area,
please let me know if you lads get together at that Club CoCo thing every
other Wednesday, or whatever.  It's be nice to meet some of you in person.
I have no other B&S comrades down here. (Palo Alto.)

Thanks y'all,
Shahar