Sinister: the boredom of between lectures

alix campbell lixibell at xxx.com
Wed Oct 11 11:26:58 BST 2000

hello.

i have 15 minutes to kill. i've just spent a good few hours being told about
where sounds are articulated. i'm hoping that sometime soon, they will also
tell me why it is necessary to know this at all.  still, it'sd more
interesting than contracting tubercolosis.

dreadfully upset to hear about young allycook having to move internet thingy
and actually Have to Pay. what a shame. if you come down here, you can use
these computers, i'll tell you the password.

scalarama was a right time, wasn't it? david moore i seem to remember saying
i would tell you my address, but i'm not sure why. more socks, maybe?

peter miller said:

>The Foxgloves gurning down at me from the wall.

move to london. trousers will gurn at you for a nominal fee. no need to go
all the way to the americas.

and then, P F went:

>And should there be seminars about understanding the Icicle Works? Steady
>Mike could hold them

can i enrol now? i do so very little. i don't trust that steady mike though.
he's mean. to tigers. and trousers.

>Except the one about the Stones. No bugger ever replied to the one about
>the
>Stones. It's funny what you have to do to provoke a response on this list.
>The Stones are a bit of an Ono, I mean, a no-no, round here.

i would talk about the stones if i knew anything about anything. but i
don't. which is why i'd attend a steadymicle lecture. i'd rather the stones
over the beatles anyday.

i had vaguely intended to write more, but should i do so, i would be late
for the enthralling 'meaning in language' lecture and that surely wouldn't
do.

bebye
alx.x.