Sinister: Sausage on a stick

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 11 12:03:16 BST 2000

Hello

     I've been dancing like a soul boy now for some weeks, stopping
only for a change of shoes, a cup of tea, and a poo. It looks like the
next stop on Robin's big dance marathon will be the Garage in
Cineramasville on Friday, so work notwithstanding, I'll should see
some of you there. Oh dear, I don't think I really know what
"notwithstanding" means, so that last sentence was probably
nonsense, like a sock on a clock. When I was little, about seven
perhaps, Mrs Counsel's class, my favourite word for no reason
other than the sound was "probably". People used to try to influence
me with nice words like "dog", for instance, or "tractor", but I stood
firm. My favourite bird was the oystercatcher.
     It's raining again, and the season makes me play Scott Walker
records. I'm a bit of an agnostic when it comes to rain. Stuart writes
about the changing of the seasons and I welcome that, but I can
never work out if rain is a friend or foe. I think when the drops are
big, and they splosh then it's lovely.
     Found out the other day that my friend has seven Belle and
Sebastian t-shirts. He told me in a hushed voice. It was a bit of a
shock, to be honest. I don't think I've even got seven t-shirts, or
pairs of pants for that matter.
     He he, pants.

bye
        Robin xxx

PS: Youn, I'm as slow as a slug I know, but your tape's almost
ready, I promise, I haven't forgotten. xx