Sinister: ToSaveKidAFromBeingDeported......NYCSmileOnMe

Marty GGGGG martyg10 at xxx.com
Wed Oct 11 15:09:00 BST 2000

So we're down in Chelsea on the first night of the NYC excursion, outside a
Subway somewhere. There were a few street folks hanging round the corner,
seemed to be gathering bottles and cans for the refund money. They weren't
intimidating, just a bit loud. My travelling companions were putting yet
another issue before the committee and I was just checking out the scene. I
saw this really attractive blonde woman walking across the street towards
the corner I was on. One of the street guys turned around and flicked his
cigarette fairly hard and it smacked right off the face of the blonde woman.
My lasting image of New York, a shower of sparks around the terrified face
of a beautiful woman.

Then there was a bizarre B&S related incident in Rebel Rebel records. We
were inside for a while, and had bought some stuff. Outside, La Renard asks
me 'gonny gonny please gonny gonny ask the guy for that B&S poster' so
unwilling / unable to tolerate such haranguing I go back in and say to the
bloke 'Here mate, that poster in the window, can I have it?' and he says
'No, its an album laid out flat'. Upon closer inspection, it turns out to be
a display card. Undeterred, I head back in, lift said card and say 'Listen
mate, this is a card, can I have it or what'. Record shop bloke gets all
huffy and defensive, says 'Hey I don't think I like your attitude', and
takes the card off me, visibly miffed. I go 'I'll give you two bucks for
it', and he says 'You come in here giving out attitude, I don't like it' and
I say 'Ah'm from Glasgow mate, it goes with the territory' and he says, get
this 'Well, you're in New York now, we got more, that's why I won'. He
really said that, THAT'S WHY I WON! WHAT A FUCKING WANK!