Sinister: So many words, so little time to say them

Ian Hatcher igh1 at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 12 13:51:41 BST 2000

Hello one and all,

Ah, it's been a long time spent in the shadows of lurkerdom
for me, but now I emerge, blinking, into the light . . .

I've got a zillion questions to ask.  First of all, has
anyone heard the new Gentle Waves album?  Is it good?  Is
the earth round? (please don't feel free to insert comments
about Isobel in here - I get enough of that from my
'humerous' housemates)

Secondly, when does the auction start?  If I had a talent I
would have auctioned it, but apart from being quite good at
playing Zelda I don't really have much to offer.  Though if
anyone would like any help with Zelda, I will gladly try.
I think that the people that make Nintendo games must be on
the Japanese version of Sinister, for they are surely the
twee-est of all the people in the world.  Well, behind a
certain Miss Owl, but everyone knows that she's the
twee-est lass ever :)

Thirdly, which Orange Juice album is best?  I bought The
Orange Juice the other day and it was ok, but I decided to
take it back and ask everyone here in case there's a better
one.  Oh, and what Pastels album should I buy (I don't have
any at the moment, so which is the best?).  People on this
list have so far recommended Hefner, Felt and the Field
Mice, so I will trust your judgement :)

But (my Mum says you can't start a sentence with the word
'but' but I have, and she won't know, so mneurgh!!!) it's
grate.  Aha, 'what is grate?' I hear you collectively
whisper (not cry, for ye art all timid as wee little
miceys) . . . well, I do this university radio show at
Kent, and I get a 5% discount at the fantabulous Rough
Trade. As do all my listeners, cos my show is EXTRA EXTRA
special. Oh yes.  For I play all the best music ever.  On
which note, has anyone heard the single by a band called
Junip?  It's quite good, and I think you might like it, if
you could just bring yourselves to trying it.  A bit like
Dr Pepper, though I don't really like that, and I have
tried it (well, it was a tiny little sip, but that counts,
doesn't it?).  But (there I go starting sentences with
'but' again . . .) I might try Irn Bru one day.  Did you
know why it's called Irn Bru?  Apparently back in the olden
days if you named a product after something it had to have
that special something in it (hence cocaine in Coca-Cola).
And obviously you don't want to drink iron, now do you??

Oh dear, I'm rambling a bit (well, a lot).  All I really
wanted to say was how excited I am about my radio show, and
the discount at the lovely Rough Trade and everything.  So
if anyone lives in Canterbury and has loads of time on
their hands they could always e-mail me and I'll tell them
all about the frequency.  Or people could just e-mail me
about the show (or anything else, really), even if they
live far, far away.  But not if they're a moke.

Okey dokey, I've got to go, byeeeeee,
Ian.