Sinister: ooh, I dunno 'bout that...

Marc Bloomfield Marc.Bloomfield at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 12 17:14:36 BST 2000

Time for me to post again, methinks, since this is getting me all
nostalgic. There were some truly top kids shows in the 80s, but I think my
favourites were the UK kiddies cartoons (except Superted, which was poo).
It's just set me wondering though - did people from outside the UK get to
see such masterpieces as Dangermouse, Willo the Wisp, Bananaman and the
like?

However, despite all my nostalgia...
idleberry at yahoo.com writes:
Kids shows nowadays do not match up, in PURE,
CLASSNESS.

I don't think this is strictly true - if you're a lucky blighter, you'll
have Cartoon Network, and can see the magic of Cow and Chicken, Johnny
Bravo, I Am Weasel and Dexter's Laboratory. They are wonderful!

I remember the Belle and Sebastian cartoon series, but I remember I hated
it 'cos it wasn't funny, and the series always seemed to go on forever.
Now, it would've been much better if B&S had been around to score the
music - chases to Judy is a Dickslap, Belle & Sebastian as the theme music
(okay, it wouldn't be very appropriate, but it would be a helluva lot
better). It'd be top. Maybe they could redub the stories to fit in with
the songs. Ah, you can always dream...

Well, I can't think of anymore stuff to write (except to ask, should I be
worried if someone tells me I look like Badly Drawn Boy without a teacosy
on his head? I mean, his album's a winner and all, but... I don't think I
do at all...)

Ah well, bye all,

Marc.