Sinister: Re: Things that make me go "Grrr"

garymaher at xxx.com garymaher at xxx.com
Fri Oct 13 01:03:18 BST 2000

Hi everybody!

Please excuse my counter-rant.

Isn't it so very sad that after all the world's been through people still
hope other countries and their citizens get "flattened"?  This miscreant
is openly advocating the murder of innocent civilians.  And on a B&S
list, no less!

What could this sort of person's appreciation for B&S amount to if they
harbo(u)r such malice toward other people based on their nationality or
religion?  Aren't most of B&S' songs about people who are different from
the majority?  Doesn't the poster realize how sad the members of B&S
would be to know that even one of their fans could be so cruel?

If a fan of my band expressed such despicable animosity, I would tell
them to fuck off and NEVER tell anyone they liked us.  Then I would write
a song about what an asshole they were.

I should say that war and killing make me ill WHOEVER is doing it.  I am
partly of Jewish descent, but I do NOT support aggressive action by
Israel.  They, of all countries, should know better.  Stooping to
somebody else's level of killing innocent civilians is primitive and
unjustifiable.  (Live and let live!)  But the proper response to such
stupidity is not to "flatten" them -- that makes you no better than they
are, and it takes no intelligence whatsoever.  Use your brain and find
some civilized way of making them stop!

BTW, it's my understanding that FIFA originally grouped Israel in Europe
to minimize potential conflicts (aside from matches) between Israelies
and the largely Arab residents of other middle eastern states.  I doubt
very much the Arab world is pouting about not being able to compete in
the Eurovision song competition.  I hate to be the one to inform Mr.
White of this, but the entire world does not necessarily consider
acceptance into Europe as a sign that they have made it.  Most of us are
quite comfortable with our own civilizations!

I thought we were further along than this.  It seems we still have a lot
of work to do.

Gary