Sinister: pink pink pink moon (and crossing guards)

Youn J. Noh ynoh at xxx.edu
Fri Oct 13 05:25:51 BST 2000

Hi Sinister,

> tonight i walked my dog and the moon's just fantastic. so bright it
> overpowered the streetlamps and that orangy glow from chicago.

Yeah, this morning at about 5:30, it was still dark out, and the moon just
looked fantastic.  (I'm an echo.)  Like you could reach out and touch it.
I was thinking how nice it would be if someone else saw it and noticed,
and now I'm sure that there must have been loads of people yesterday and
today.  The sky is beautiful in the morning, dark and velvety, then
rarefied and ethereal.

Is it very strange to sing to yourself on a walk?  It takes about 20
minutes to walk to my department from my apartment, and I always find
myself humming song lyrics, usually stuff that I was listening to that
morning, on the way.  Which I guess is OK as long as I don't stand too
close to people, but then to have your lips moving constantly must signal
something strange.  Weirdo.

I seem to be hounding Kerry for material.  Her talk of taking her dog for
a walk made me miss mine.  And it's funny.  I lost my red and white badge
right away, but then the green one seems stuck to me.  Even when I put it
on my backpack on planes and buses.  Someone even returned it once to my
mailbox in the department, which was a little embarrassing, but I'm
grateful to have got it back.  Tomorrow I think I'll wear my B & S
bus shirt for the first time, while this last spell of warm weather lasts.
I got it a year ago but somehow didn't feel right wearing it here.

Hot milk in the evening is delicious.

I hope this isn't invasive, but I'm glad Stuart and Amy Linton have been
enjoying each other's company.

Affectionately yours,
Youn