Sinister: an open letter to david white and joe

David Geraghty dbgeraghty at xxx.com
Fri Oct 13 14:35:47 BST 2000

an open letter to david white and joe

I have not felt like posting in a while, but the two mails from david white
and joe kind of prompted me into life.

i don't know, i always thought sinister was the last bastian of common sense
in an otherwise unsane world.

and then i read the post below and the post from david white. (there is some
isobel content later, i assure you...)

joe...

the issues of israel/palestine are a result of problems on both sides, and
i'm not saying that the israelis are innocent. they aren't.  but to spout
forth what amounts to nothing more than ill thought, incorrect anti-israeli
propaganda on a list like this is upsetting.

the middle east isn't a situation that can be condensed into one post to a
list, and if it is to be, you'd hope that it wasn't in the guise of
hyperbolic bullshit (excuse my language)

i suggest you go and read up about the history of this conflict and watch
the news a little more closely. the facts you have stated are wrong on a
number of accounts, and that isn't from some sort of pro-israeli stance, it
is from a stance of common sense.

i won't go through the facts you posted and correct you, i don't see the
point. i just kind of hoped that sinister was a tolerant community whereby
nonsense like yours could be avoided.

david...

to advocate the 'flattening' of a country is something i never thought i
would read in sinister. its something you hope you will never have to read
ever, anywhere. to say i was deeply shocked and upset by your comments would
be a gross understatement. i am jewish and i have a number of (however
distant) relatives who live in israel. you basically said they should be
murdered and thier home state wiped off the face of the earth.  i'm sure i'm
not the only person on the list who felt physically sick by your comments.

you have shown yourself to be on a par with racist hatemongerers on both
sides of the conflict and no amount of apologies could possibly right the
sentiments expressed.

i understand, as i have said, that it is a complex issue, and clearly it is
an issue you are a long way off understanding. childish incitements of hate
are not a replacement for knowledge.

you have evidently never read up about the issue and seem to harbour a
rather disturbing anti israeli (and need i point out, the jewish homeland)
feeling. i am not asking for an explanation to your post, as i feel that
would only cause more offence, but i just thought you had to realise that
through your post you have succeded in bring sinister to a new low of racist
clap-trap.

anyway, i got the gentle waves 4 track promo thing form a friend for my
birthday and it is actually rather sweet. but when my modern computer tried
to play it, it identified it as Canadian girl sportz metalers Kittie.

ROCK ON ISOBEL!

yours, david

P.S i'm sorry to all who have had to read this...i just felt like saying
something
'she throws rocks at streetlights...' - Low