Sinister: Love is a Wonderful Colour

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Oct 13 22:30:00 BST 2000

Do you lot get 24 hour Muppet News? Or is it drug-related? List rule number
246 states Thou shalt not refer to any post-"Get On Board with the Double
Deckers" children's television on the list. Isobel is going to Rome for
sunshine and horses. Why doesn't she get Stuart and Richard to dress up as a
pantomime horse, or get a hobby horse and ask Stuart to run along behind her
clopping his coconuts? I'll tell you why. Because The Gentle Waves have SOLD
OUT. I bet they'll have loads of STRINGS on their album. They might just as
well flatten the place.

I had an Icicle Works album. On tape. It started with what I now recognise
as backwards drums, or backwards bits of wood knocking together, a leftover
trick from the legendary "psychedelic" era. But at the time it was terrible.
Because I thought there was something wrong with the tape recorder and it
was MY FAULT. Sometimes I think my upbringing wasn't entirely healthy. I
think it was quite a good album, but I can't really remember much about it,
apart from "my friend and I were talking one evening beside some burning
wood". That must be where I got the idea that it was backwards wood being
knocked together from. On the day when your technology catches up with my
biology, I'll be able to download songs to a micro chip implant in my ear
and see whether they really were any good or not. Those fishy psychedelic
lyrics that Liverpool specilaised in in the early eighties are surely due
for a comeback.

Who wrote "stupid bint" on a Papercuts poster? Whoever it is will have me to
answer to. Unless it was a poster of issue 1. Don't worry Erica, they're
just jealous of your ten gallon hat. Fosca or Fonseca or whatever they're
called fans will probably already know that there's a lengthy article
about/by them on the otherwise excellent Tangents website. In an article
about "the Stuckists", Duke refers to something called "The Tim Hopkins
Weblog". Is this public? Where is it? I'd love to "log onto" Tim, although
not in the biblical sense, obviously. MMMMMMMMM. I did a websearch for it,
but ended up at the Sidmouth site. Looks quite nice to me. I'll rent a
cottage by the sea...

I've got a new record - "Jack Ruby Presents the Black Foundation". I haven't
listened to it yet, but I just know it's going to be GRATE.

Increase the peace,

Sister Disco