Sinister: when i say i'm in luv that means i'm in luv l u v

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Sun Oct 15 04:09:39 BST 2000

isn't is so (fucking) strange the way things are cyclical.

this time last year degrassi came up on the list.  earlier we also had the
thing with formal logic re-appearing.  personally i deal with arguments
about logic better than arguments about politics.  so there.

just to re-cap:  i love degrassi.

also, they are making a 'degrassi the next generation' which should either
be amazing or appaling or both simultaneously.  a friend of mine auditioned
for the role of 'spike's kid' ...who by now would actually be old enough to
be in teen drama.  so there you go.  that's the inside scoop.

i am stuck for a halloween costume.  help me.

someone mentioned the stars:  they're all good and things..but not good like
bogdan and svetlana.  they're just good in that they did the definitive
cover of 'this charming man' in a delightful early 90's dance-pop way.
think early saint etienne toned down to a more relaxed level and thats kind
of what they're like.

i had a battle of the planets comic book...

so on friday the thirteenth there was a full moon and i went to a party in a
university art classroom that we weren't supposed to be in.  we had to go in
through a fire escape and then we ran around and around in the building and
into the basement with machines and creepty things and up in the attic with
the pigeon skeletons...and i was really drunk because i drank an entire
bottle of baby duck.  and then went to a bar breifly (in the middle of the
party) to get more drunk...we werent supposed to be in the building at all.
and then there was this stuffed corpse of a chicken that was imprisoned in a
cage hung from the ceiling.  and then the chicken was set on fire.  it had
been dead and stuffed for years (stuffed taxidermy style, not stuffing
style) but it was still a burning chicken.  chicken related art had been put
up on the walls for decor.  it was a chicken party!

leslie was there too.

i also got in an insane fight that makes moving such ass at the moment.  and
i stole this light-up sign that says 'the eye bank of canada' on it.  and it
has this eye floating around overtop.  its ancient, like from the 50's or
something when the racyest thing you could do with your girlfriend was
sullenly dry-hump behind the wheel of your large automobile.

i am contemplating the reprocussions of the phrase "the full goonie look"

why is it that winnona ryder can't make good movies anymore.  she was in
heathers! she was in beetlejuice! she was in edward scissorhands!  she was
'the shit'!  and now?  i saw 'lost souls' the other day and it failed to
completely do anything for me at all.  even disappointment could not be
generated by it.  however, i am breathlessly anticipating a retrospective of
the works of jean painlever at the cinematheque...ooohh. early nature films.
so good and weird.  loverly.

hold on! i'm getting nothing done.  and there is this giant fucking moth
weaving around my head...fuck you moth! grr.

4 track recorders are so rad!  never before has there been a single device
that has meant so much to me and allowed me to think and grow and things!  i
think they should teach lo-fi recording to kids in school.  its way more
fucking interesting than concert band and kids would really learn about how
music is done...none of this bullshit that i don't use at all anyway.
frankly my own very elementary understanding of sound science and recording
engineering has done more for me as a musician than all the harmony i
forgot.  so there.

srrren krro