Sinister: Anthrax

Sidney sidney.reilly at xxx.net
Tue Oct 17 01:46:29 BST 2000

Dear people,

"love will get you like a case of anthrax and that's something i don't want
to catch" - gang of four

ya know, every morning when i awake, the same four things float around my
head, in no particular order....but the same four things - on a weekday it's
in-between when the alarm forces me into consciousness and i make the
decision to get up and face the day but at the weekend they have more time
to linger....

the same four things kinda stay with me most of the day too, rising and
subsiding in my head, as the reality of work allows, and the evenings -
unless i can find something to distract me - are full of them

So as a way of distraction i've been going through all the music i know and
deciding on my favourite songs and albums and groups at this point in time
and Belle and Sebastian made it in all three lists, so i thought i'd share
them with you all

So here, in no particular order........

Albums:
B&S - If You're Feeling Sinister
Gang of Four - Entertainment
Radiohead - Pablo Honey
Eels - Daisies of the Galaxy
Hefner - Fidelity Wars

Songs:
Alternative Ulster - Stiff Little Fingers
Anthrax - Gang of Four
Transmission - Joy Division
Hello Kitten - Hefner
Seeing Other People - Belle and Sebastian
A New England - Billy Bragg
One More Time - Joe Jackson
Thinking About You - Radiohead
Eternal Life (road version) - Jeff Buckley
Reward - The Teardrop Explodes
The Hymn For The Cigarettes - Hefner
Expectations - Belle and Sebastian
She's Losing It - Belle and Sebastian
Should I Stay Or Should I Go - Clash
Velocity girl - Snow Patrol
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby - The Smiths
Wouldn't It Be Nice - Beach Boys

Groups:
Joy Division
Jeff Buckley
Smiths
Belle and Sebastian
Hefner
Radiohead
Gang of Four
Eels

Thanks for the distraction

Ps. Wish i was at Uni again - maybe i should think about doing my PhD after
all