Sinister: you're moving with your aunty and uncle in bel-air

alix campbell lixibell at xxx.com
Tue Oct 17 13:42:25 BST 2000

Hello

This keyboard is wobbly. I’ve just worked out how to use the printers in
here. Possibly going to be very useful in the future. I’m always very
impressed with things when they get printed. See, first they’re up on the
monitor and that’s hardly an existence, especially if, like me, you lose
files easily. I think they hide behind the back of the computer. But then,
you go and print, and it’s like a book, which is real and you can pick it
up, and even destroy it should you need to. And it looks so tidy, so very
much more tidy than anything I could ever handwrite. Hurrah for printers!

I’ve got an awful sore throat. True, it’s not quite consumption, but it is
annoying. I feel like keeling over. Mucus will follow. It always does. And I
still can’t see the point in mucus. I think I brought this up last year (sic
(sick)). If I can’t comprehend mucus how will I ever understand how
airplanes stay in the air? Is it because they have ‘air’ in their name? No,
it isn’t because then bi planes would have to fly in bi people. Or bicycles.
It simply isn’t feasible. Imagine the havoc!

I am glad that Lucy has publicly revealed what she’s been using Nick’s room
for. Do you like moths Nick? I’m also glad that Lucy has gone mad. It suits
you dear. Last night I too went mad and let Mark cut my hair. It looks ok
though and I still have all my eyes!

Would anyone like to come on holiday with me in the Lake District? I have
every intention of going. It has hills, I believe. I shall take my roller
skates. And plenty of bandages!

I ‘m terribly excited about this Christmas album thing. Actually, I’m not,
because enthusiasm is dreadfully over rated and I try not to indulge in it.
I do like a Christmas album though. Last year I listened to Phil Spector’s
each time I was engaged in anything at all festive. What great fun!

Anyway, I must go and prepare myself for a thrill some lecture, and find
some water so I don’t have one of those coughing fits where you cannot stop
and your life flashes before your eyes and you get very embarrassed. Oh no!

Good day
lix