Sinister: Do Re Me (Forget About The Do And Think About Me)

Pauline L. Shivers paulinel_s at xxx.com
Tue Oct 17 14:14:09 BST 2000

Tuesday! I like that day... Tu-n-esday!

I'm back from the spa I went with Daniel. Oh! I had a
great time, I can assure you! Daniel is perfect; he
even likes Belle and Sebastian! And in between talking
about Heideger, snogging, and having our bodies
massaged by experts who used all kinds of oils and
massage techniques, he did confess his love for me!!
I never felt happier in my whole life! And I have led
a very exciting life till now, mind!

But I'll tell you more about Daniel and my plans to go
back to England and live there with him in my next
post 'cause now I have to answer to some fellow
sinistereenians and shed some light to this mystery
named "Pauline L. Shivers"; which is actually no
mystery at all!! I'm just a girl who lives in Prague!
What's so mysterious about it?

I keep receiving emails from people asking me about
myself, call me a 'bullshiter'(OK, that was a praise
actually coming from this certain person whom I find
very charming), insulting me some more assuming that
my name is a bloody anagram! Many of them asked me
that...
Once and for all: I'm not an anagram! Do you think I'd
be so plain and with no imagination at all to just use
an anagram as a name? anyone can do that! there are
bloody machines in the net that do that for you, for
christ's sake!! aah people! you don't give me the
credit I deserve...

So, I'll make an exception just this once and go to
certain posts:

Miss Juicy Bruisy Lucy said:
> And finally, I think Mark should invite Pauline > >
> Shivers to get up on the stage at the next
> Tigermilking.  I'm sure she'd give a floorshaking >
> > performance. According to this website, she
> sounds expensive, but she's really quite cheap,
hehe.
According to this site Pauline Shivers is a soul, I
reckon, singer! Blimey! I had no idea! and she's quite
expensive, where as - and Lucy is right here - I'm
quite cheap! I just hope the singer Pauline is black
so she will be my yang and I'll be her ying! you
know... black-white expensive-cheap! And I'd love to
get up on the stage of the next Tigermilking! I
couldn't possibly sing but I could entertain you in
many other ways, far more interesting than singing! I
could do a Patti
Palladin thing though singing "let me entertain you,
let me show you a really good time"! But I'd
definetely need someone to do the Johnny Thunders'
bit! any offers?

And then PFave sinee listee, typed:
<>Frauline S. Livers<>
I liked Frauline, but Livers?? Frauline's a bit fruity
and juicy but Livers? it's a bit ticklish but still
reminds me of butchers!

>>>My fave sinister listee, PF, seems to have
landed in a more *real* world! I miss the old
PFantastic, sur-real-istic era!<<<

> a) that's very nice of 'her' - I think.
Of course it is nice of HER! and it is a 'her'!!
what's all this? first my name, then my sex!! I'm
deeply hurt!

> b) If I didn't know better, I would suspect that FSL
> was a name for the boy Troussé. But even I know > >
> better than that.
The boy Troussé, whoever he is, takes far more credit
than he deserves! this name is mine! what does a boy,
and especially one called Troussé, which means
something silly in french which I cannot remember
right now, has got to do with a glamorous,
aristocratic, witty, fatal girl like myself?
PFlamboyant-ish, you're lucky I have a week spot for
you and your posts...

> c) It's true that the pinefox has become more > > >
> > 'realistic' in its modes and fixations. But the >
> > > reason is surely obvious.
He first says that, leaving me all dissapointed
believing that the PFantastic era's gone and won't be
returning and then goes on saying:
> I am under the
> hard-to-avoid nfluence of Yo La Tengo. Tengo's
gritty > meditations on post-industrial
> Japan return us to 'the real' with new questions, or
> at least fluorescent question marks. La Tengo - or >
> 'Yo' as s/he is sometimes known in his native land -
> writes an unsparing prose of tautness and urgency.
We > find ourselves out on the streets, or at least,
as > > Phil Lynott and Gary Moore once put it, out in
the > > fields. In the neo-neural non-nuclear
wastescape > > > conjured by Yo (or La, as 'he' is
known in > > > > Baltimore), there are more
questioners than > > > > interrogees. And he ain't
tellin'. But one thing's > > for sure - someone,
> somewhere [in summertime] is keeping it ReaL.
You see? He did it again!! He just left me swooning
after reading this paragraph! Can you see the
references? can you see the semiotics? I don't know
who Phil Lynott and Gary Moore are though... should I
know them? I don't think so! Or like Stephin Merritt
would say "a little fear, a little sex" and I'm done
with it for now, that is.

And then the sweetest Jen typed whilst making bubbles
with pink soap, wearing a lavender jumper and having
chewed bubblegum on her hair that bad boys in school
threw on her:
> Ps. There's a lady called Mrs Shivers there. Pauline
> L, any relation?
Yes, there might be a relation! What's her first name?
Is it Leonora? If it is, she might be my grandmother!
Oh it's a long and sad story that's bound to bring
tears to your tweeyes! Leonora was married to my
granfather Egon! Egon was the child of my great
grandfather, Stephan, who ran away with the maid,
remember? When disinherited Stephan left our country
he went to England and started all fresh; his son from
the maid, Egon, was married to Leonora and had my dad!
Leonora was a school teacher somewhere near Edinburgh!
My grandfather met her during a business trip and fell
in love with her! She was so pretty! But when grandpa
Egon died and Big Aunt Myrtles invited us all back to
Prague, she didn't include grandma Leonora to the
invitation; she didn't want her to come back to
Prague; you see, she wanted us to go back but she
wouldn't like any reference to our family's dark
secret; and Leonora wasn't going to keep her mouth
shut! she was a very independent woman, always saying
what she had in her head! She'd never obey to Aunt
Myrtles' orders and desires, like my spineless dad
does! She didn't want to come to Prague with us
either! Instead she went to live with her younger
widower brother! So, I don't know! Maybe Jen's Miss
Shivers is my grandmother! Is she peeing on her bed
Jen?

That is all for now! I have to run! we're going for
horseriding with Althea, Daniel and their cousin who's
just arrived from England, Violette! She's very sweet
and aristocratic, but quite demure, even though I have
seen her lingerie collection and it really is saucy!
But more about that in my next post! I'm so late!!

                 Pauline L. Shivers

that makes sinister all quivers
she's that aristocratic slag
who lives and reigns in Prague