Sinister: what the hell are "jazzbo's skinny arms"?

Phillip Runion prbar at xxx.com
Wed Oct 18 02:45:06 BST 2000

hello again,
        this is my first post to the list. honey never told me that i was
let out of the nursery, so naturally, i just figured that i had been bad or
something, and never tried to post. i've been reading posts for quite a long
time however. First: sorry to bother G.W. with private posts pertaining to
pish, if nothing else. Second: my introduction into the world of music began
with none other than Snoop Doggie Dogg. Now i feel sorry for him (because he
really has no talent and must look in the mirror and know it, that has to
suck, yeah). My first ever absolute favorite band was blur. they still are
in fact despite all that blur is shite business which is old, yes, but
however right mogwai are now, nothing is better than modern life is rubbish;
not even young team. I love B+S, but, ask myself sometimes nowadays, if I
still do. Theory on the latest album: They deliberately put out a shit
record to persuade mainstream junkies that they are really nothing special,
but plan to return, when forgotten by all those undesirables, with none
other than the best album ever made. Anyway, I will always love them, if not
for everything else, than at least for Sleep the Clock Around (live
version)and Like Dylan in the Movies. To people who may have went to George
Watson's College (Isobel's alma mater, yes)in Edinburgh: I am one of the
children who participated in the Scottish/American Exchange with the Harley
School, if that rings a bell. There is a cemetery at the end of Prince
Street (i think) with a life size statue of Abraham Lincoln atop a pillar,
with a slave worshipping him. I stood next to Abe on a rainy monday evening.
Finally, if there is anyone on the list who goes to University at Leeds,
takes art classes, and knows Susan Berridge, please tell her hello for me.
Not brilliant, but competent.

                                                yours,
                                                   phil r