Sinister: great sounds great, good sounds good...

keith mclachlan ourpeppermintscene at xxx.com
Thu Oct 19 00:24:13 BST 2000

larry wrote---
>***NEW ZEALAND MUSIC***
>For anyone who cares, I am seeing The Clean play
>tomorrow night! one of the
>worlds greatest and most influential indie bads,
>Woo-hoo. No offece to any
>Pavement fans, but I am sure there would be no
>Pavement were it not for The
>Clean. I am very excited .....

it is true pavement admit to slay trakcs being more
than an homage to kilgour/kilgour/scott.  of course
there would not be a stereolab were it not for snapper
either or a sonic youth if not for the gordons not
that no sonic youth would have been a bad thing.
i saw the clean twice and once martin phillipps
stepped on stage and played the keyboards on tally ho!
like he did 1 billion years ago and then when david
kilgour played the opening riff of 'getting older' i
was all weepy, nearly or practically.
i think it was wellington, sigh, what is with the
beehive anyhow?

i was listening to know when to fold'em yesterday and
it has aged well, i think divorced from expectations
it is easier to understand even 'beyond the sunrise'
now.
frustrated capitalists of the world lament zaack de la
soul has left rage against the machine, maybe the
others decided to vote for john hagelin instead of
nader?

i am still waiting for my copy of 'we love the city'
apparently they don't plan on releasing it here in the
states for months.  perhaps they need time to plan to
world domination advertising blitz of product tie-ins
and vw commercials.
i can't tell my hokus from my veronicas these days.

keith m
i wonder if stuart murdoch had written family tree
would it have been praised as genius?  i mean it isn't
of course but i wonder.