Sinister: I'm imperfect. I'm an action continuing in the past.

M. Curtin mecurtin at xxx.ca
Fri Oct 20 15:16:08 BST 2000

Greetings,

I was trying to reconcile actually posting with the fact that I have
nothing to post.  Nothing, that is, of interest.  I had what I thought
was something of a sinister story, but then I realized how wrong I was.

You see, I WAS TEASED TODAY IN SCHOOL!   No, no, this isn't grade four,
IT'S FRIGGIN' UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, this bastardy kid in my
history tutorial accused me of "sucking up to my t.a." when I commented
on his Sheaffer Big Red pen - something I have never seen in person.
We're talking old skool pen here folks.  It was all I could do to not
kick him in the teeth.  He's one of those horribly annoying boys who are
obsessed with history.    He's one of those people who says things like,
"Well, they didn't mention Kepler in the reading but of course I'm
familiar with him anyway."  I swear to God he thinks he is the
reincarnation of Napolean.  I have this burning desire to whisper ELBA
in a very diabolical way whenever he passes.  He is, decidedly, a
bastard.

The nerve of him to accuse ME of sucking up!
I JUST HAPPEN TO LIKE PENS, ALRIGHT?

I immediately thought of all things sinister at this episode, assuming
there might be other stylophiles lurking who could appreciate my claim.
(Stylophiles?  What on earth...?)  Of course, you're all probably
computery and junk and would probably laugh at my otherwise unhealthy
obsession with ink.  None of my friends will ever write me with actual
physical materials, only this email garbage.  SIGH.  What can you do?
If YOU like writing in ink, let me know.  Perhaps I can arrange to send
you a missive and support my local bureau de poste.

Ahem...sorry about the complaining.  Apologies also for the
serialkiller-esque use of capitals.  I was on a roll.

Take care kiddies!
Marybeth