No subject

Andrea Kittenmouse kittenmouse at xxx.com
Fri Oct 20 22:01:13 BST 2000

Hello Sock Monkeys and Sinister Folk,

Of course, you should share this with your sock monkey friends; the ones who
aren't on the list.  Or, for instance, your sock monkey friends who don't
have email addresses, and therefore, cannot read the sinister digest on a
regular basis as we can.  My sock monkey friends aren't that interested in
reading, unfortunately, just looking at pictures.  They don't even really
have much of an opinion about music, from what I can tell, since they don't
seem happier or more sad when I put on things like Belle and Sebastian.  But
then again, maybe their taste in music is just so far off from mine that
they haven't heard anything they like at my house.

Does anyone else have a sock monkey?  They are just so interesting looking,
I think.  Also, I can't have a cat at my apartment, so they are like pets,
sort of.  Pets that don't move, that is.  But they are fun to make clothes
for.  Maybe I'll take a picture of them and post it on the internet
sometime.

I've got pages and pages of Modern Art History and History of Women in
Medieval Art to read since midterms are the next few weeks.  Yay.  Some of
it IS interesting reading though.

Right now I'm sitting at home doing laundry since I have no Friday classes
and my clothes are all too dirty to wear.  Except for a sweatshirt that says
"maiden of the raven clan" on the front, which I am not.  What are
sweatshirts called in England?  I heard once that sweaters are called
'jumpers' there.  I like that.

I feel really bad, because I've completely stopped playing FISHYCLAP on my
radio show, and it's really good.  But the station's copy was stolen (ooh,
do I hate you, B&S cd thief!!), and my copy is perpetually lost, and my
record of it is completely WARPED from sitting on a turntable near a window
for a mere FEW HOURS.  Why is that?  I don't know, cheap vinyl maybe (bitter
emphasis on the last three words).  So right now I'm listening to Tigermilk,
to remind myself that this really is one of my favorite bands ever, if not
THE.

Anyway, enough boring talk about my boring life.
Andrea

p.s. We WILL be broadcasting on the web very very soon, I think, so my show
will be on at something like 5 am on Tuesdays in England.  Eek.  Maybe I can
archive temporarily or something.